Reload this Page >

Negril or Montego Bay with kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Debbie

I have been planning to go to either the Ritz Carlton or Half Moon in Montego Bay with my husband and our 3 year old. I keep reading how much people love Negril and that the beaches are so nice. I haven't really seen great resorts for kids in Negril that aren't all inclusive. Is there someplace I should be looking at or should I stick with my choices in Montego Bay. Thanks for your help.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:18 PM
liza

THere are tons of places to stay in Negril that aren't all inclusive - most places aren't.<BR><BR>What do you mean by &quot;resort&quot;? Do you want a kids club or something?<BR><BR>We take our kids to Negril and stay in a cottage or villa.<BR><BR>Half Moon is great for kids.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Debbie

Liza-<BR><BR>I guess I just don't want a beaches type place. I don't want a kids club, just other kids around and playground or something other than the beach and pool. My daughter would stay in the sand all day, but we do like other things around so we don't cook out in the sun or if the weather isn't great.<BR><BR>Have you stayed at half moon? What are the rooms like? thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:54 PM
liza

I've visited Half Moon several times - their bar, used the beach - but have not stayed there. It's HUGE. Horses, golf, croquet, at least 3 beaches, lord knows how many pools.<BR><BR>In Negril, take a look at Nirvana - nirvananegril.com. It has 5 cottages (with kitchens and cooks) and 3 suites, a little fancier. 2 acres for those 8 units - fenced in, tons of garden/outdoor hangout space, hammocks. Very shady. Swingset near the beach, two kayaks, floaty toys and usually some other kids. Next door is White Sands, there were a lot of kids there also. No pool but the water in Negril is very calm and shallow.<BR><BR>Also see Rondel Village - a little fancier, AC, TV, onsite restaurant, two pools and jacuzzis, also kid-friendly. rondelvillage.com<BR><BR>I have trip reports from both if you want to e-mail me: [email protected]<BR><BR>I posteda kind of long thing aobut stuff to do with kids in Negril here, if you search for &quot;liza&quot; I think yu should find it...it was yesterday or the day before.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:56 PM
liza

Forgot to say that both Nirvana and Rondel are cottage/villa setups - no need to squeeze everyone into one hotel room, you'll have a living room, kitchen, dining area, etc.<BR><BR>I can't imagine taking my kids on vacation and sharing a regular hotel room!