Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Need to sell - 7nts Trip. St. James Club (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/need-to-sell-7nts-trip-st-james-club-726741/)

JAKPT Aug 6th, 2007 07:52 AM

Need to sell - 7nts Trip. St. James Club

Hi I wrote last month asking about the SJC, however since then I have accepted a new job offer and will be relocating. I am not able to take a week off unpaid to go by Nov. So I am trying to sell 7 nights at the SJC with all meals, drinks, taxes included. I paid $1600 on an online auction but will respond to a reasonable offer. I have already checked with the mgmt. and they have no problem switching this out of my name since it is fully paid for.
The web site is www.eliteislandresorts.com Please feel free to write back and I can send you a copy of the contract. It truly is a great deal!! Thanks JK

Pappy Aug 6th, 2007 10:39 AM

What island is this on? Also, is this just good for one person?

diann24 Aug 6th, 2007 12:49 PM

Pappy,

I believe 100% it is the Island of Antigua.

JAKPT Aug 9th, 2007 11:47 AM

Hi Pappy, This is Julie. The trip is for two people, yet if you are willing to travel alone I can discuss a lower price with you.
Thanks, Julie

ejcrowe Aug 9th, 2007 12:05 PM

Isn't there also a St. James's Club on St. Lucia, owned by Elite Islands?

Reisender Aug 10th, 2007 07:56 AM

The one on St Lucia was sold to Almond Resorts a year or two ago and is now called the Almond Morgan Bay. We stayed there where it was St James Club so you are right that it used to be.

The one the OP refers to is indeed on Antigua.

JAKPT Aug 10th, 2007 05:14 PM

Thanks for clarifying that R.
Can you help with the sale? :)
Nervous about relocating expenses.
Have a great w/e all!

kfusto Aug 11th, 2007 04:44 AM

JAKPT, if you could negotiate with them to move the date to 2008, I would seriously consider taking it off your hands for a mutually agreeable price.

I have always wanted to stay there and we are planning our big 2008 trip for the first week of May next year. This year we are going to Europe so we do not have the time or money.

Let me know if this is an option.

JAKPT Aug 11th, 2007 07:43 AM

HI Kfusto-
I will check with my contact and get back to you ASAP. I do not know if their offices in FLA are open over the weekend.
Are you definitely thinking May or should I enquire about other months?
TY, Julie

kfusto Aug 11th, 2007 07:48 AM

May as we only travel when the kids are still in school and not likely to be around.

Also, no hurricane season.

JAKPT Aug 12th, 2007 04:36 PM

Try to find out tomm 8/12 and get back to you. JK

surfermom Aug 13th, 2007 03:25 PM

Julie -
What kind of room is your contract for? SJC is on my list of kid-friendly places that I want to visit. May have to pay an add-on for the kids but no problem as long as the room type can accommodate four. Can it be used during the month of November? Over Thanksgiving week?

Super interested - been online for days trying to set up a Thanksgiving trip for us. Let me know.

JAKPT Aug 13th, 2007 04:47 PM

Surfermom- It is for a club room, and I pulled this from their web site-

"Stay and play at this lush, tropical playground with two breezy white-sand beaches, four freshwater pools and a full array of non-motorized water sports. The dedicated children’s area and pool allows parents of younger children to keep an eye on their little ones while enjoying the resort’s amenities.

Noted for its award-winning, complimentary Kids’ Club program, its highly trained, attentive and nurturing counselors offer a range of playful pursuits for potty-trained kids ages 2 to 11. Children have the run of the kids’ center from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, where they can take part in fun activities, such as treasure hunts, field games, local crafts and folk dancing and exciting crab races.

Parents who seek a romantic evening can unwind while their kids are happily occupied — and dining on kid-friendly fare — at the children’s center. Babysitting, for an extra fee, also is available.

St. James’s Club is ideal for families traveling with small children. Choose between well-appointed Club rooms, which can accommodate up to four people or the resort’s 41 spacious Villas equipped with full kitchens and plenty of room for families to spread out and relax."
I have asked previously if i could pay to upgrade the room and they said yes but the club rooms I have heard are very nice and you can get 2 dbl beds. I also had asked about extending the time frame as right now my offer is valid thru Nov. 15th. They seemd receptive but i did call for the writer above to ask about May 2008. No answer yet. Please let me know what week (weeks)exactly and I will call again tomm.
TY so much for your interest! Julie

surfermom Aug 13th, 2007 08:51 PM

The week of Thanksgiving, beginning on either Fri. 11/16 or Sat 11/17. It's still low season so maybe they'll allow it. If you are communicating with them anyway, ask about the price to upgrade. Hope this works out. Let me know - I'll check back.

JAKPT Aug 14th, 2007 08:09 AM

Surfermom-
Have your information..please email me directly at [email protected] Thanks Julie

JAKPT Aug 15th, 2007 05:43 AM

Just so you are not nervous to contact me. SJC said they can do the thanksgiving week and the kids to be all-inclusive would be 60/day. Seems expensive but on my end you could get a great deal. They can put 4 in a club room. Or your other choice would be a Villa. That might add to the cost but if you want to purchase my luxury link package you might want to consider trying to get a free upgrade when you check in if it is a slow week.
I did question if the children could go non-all inclusive but I started to get confused it was a yes/no type of answer. It was sort of yes if you book them A.I. but you can reneg when you get there. Then they told me if the kids where in a diiferent room you could book them either way..i don't know if the are old enough to be on there own? Hope that helps! Julie

JAKPT Aug 17th, 2007 07:30 AM

HI All-
Anyone still interested? This is a Luxury Link package so it is all on the up and up. I am leaving soon for my new travel PT job, and getting nervous. The resort seems to be very accomodating with my recent questionsrequests.
Travel safe,JULIE

kfusto Aug 17th, 2007 08:56 AM

Julie, I was interested but you never got back to me so I booked El Dorado Royale for November instead.

JAKPT Aug 17th, 2007 04:34 PM

My sincere apologies to you. I had called about your May request, and despite having to call multpile times it was my responsibility to get back to you. I hope you have a great trip. Julie