Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Need spring break hotel recommendation for College Students

Jan 27th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

College aged students going to Bahamas for spring break. What are the hotels that most of the kids stay at? We haven't booked yet, but want somewhere fun, safe and a good beach and hopefully a good club so we don't have to go out to far at night. Any thoughts on where the college kids will be staying? Thanks.
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:53 PM
gbs

I'd also like info on a clean, safe, cheap place to stay, or package for a couple of college girls. Getting a tan and meeting up with other college kids is our main focus. Thanks for any info on packages or fares you can offer.
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Well - no one much responded - I've asked on several boards. I don't think spring break is very welcome, however, surely the economy benefits from it in every town, whether Cancun, Bahamas, Florida or Texas. I think it is a sore subject amongst travelers. As an adult (I'm asking for my daughter) I wouldn't want to be in a spring break hotel either, but that's why you need to do research. Strange though - no one wants to talk about. Oh well - but I did find accommodations at the Wyndham - they seemed very friendly and I have stayed there before.
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM
caribtraveler

Don't take the lack of response personally. The majority of people, if not all, who post on this board are family-types or simply past the college age...so they don't have the answer to your question.

Feb 9th, 2004, 06:25 PM

I'm down with your struggle. Check out www.studentcity.com, a major spring break travel agent. It'll set you up.

Enjoy!