Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

NEED RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ST JOHN CONDO OR VILLA - WEBSITES?

Sep 7th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Hello everyone!

I am looking for recommendations for condos, homes, or villas for rental in St. John. I have found tons just by searching online, but would like to hear about any that you would personally recommend and why. Also any websites where I could find out more information on rentals. My fiance and I are planning to go there on our honeymoon next August, so it would be in the off-season. We are trying to find something that is under $150 a night, if it can be done. We would LOVE to have a PRIVATE pool and a washer/dryer, though not sure if that would work on our budget or not. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas! Also, looking to find more St. John's trip reports, any one have any ideas? Thank you so much!
Sep 8th, 2003, 08:58 AM

We used Caribbeanvilla.com and found them very good to work with. In your price range it looks like they only have one villa but the condos are more reasonble. We stayed in the Lavender Hill condos. They were very convenient and had everything we needed but it was a little noisy in the morning when the ferry pulled into port. We LOVED St. John. I was just discussing this island with someone the other night at a party. My recommendation is to rent a car for the entire time you are there and explore a different beach (or beaches) each day. My favorite beach was Francis Bay. We had a great book called Beaches of St. John or something. If I find it I'll post it's title. It was really helpful for finding out-of-the-way, uncrowded beaches. Enjoy!
Sep 8th, 2003, 09:05 AM

The book I was referring to above is called The St. John Beach Guide. They carry it at Amazon.com. I can't recommend this book highly enough. We really enjoyed discovering off-the-beaten-path beaches.
Sep 8th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Lisa! There are some AWESOME rentals there! Anyone else?!
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:19 AM

I would suggest you check our the USVI dedicated website for this question has been posted and answered many times. Villas and agencies are reviewed and you can pose a specific question to suit your needs. The forum is very helpful and is more specific for your needs. Enjoy.

http://www.usvi-on-line.com/usviforum.html