Need Puerto Rico Help...

Jan 26th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Need Puerto Rico Help...

My wife and I are thinking of visiting Puerto Rico for 4 nights in late February... I've done some research, and it seems like we would really like Vieques. Since we are staying such a short time though, I don't think we want to spend so much time (or $$) travelling from the airport...

Here's my question - What part of the Island would give us a nice beach, and a quiet setting, but would be a bit closer to San Juan (i.e. 30-40 min cab ride from the airport...)

We do prefer a smaller, quieter setting, with less hustle and bustle. Nightlife is not important.

Any suggestions are appreciated...
Jan 26th, 2003, 07:59 AM
If you really like quite and no nightlife, you might want to check out Culebra. It is a gem, but not for everyone. VERY low key island. You can fly from P.R. (20-30 mins). Much less built up then Vieques, but spectacular.
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Just got back from a 4-night trip to the Hyatt Cerromar/Hacienda del Mar in Puerto Rico. THE WORST TRIP EVER!!!
Room was old & needed upgrading. Bedding was worn. Service was horrible.
No one goes out of there way to help you.
My second day there I ate at the Swan Cafe hotel rest (breakfast) & got violently ill. I was throwing up in the tub while on the toilet bowl w/non-stop #2! I got no sleep & had to stay in the room for two days. When calling for a mop to clean the mess I made on the bathroom floor THREE times, I was shocked to discover that the mop would NEVER come! WE were forced to clean the mess ourselves w/scott towels. On top of this, I begged for many rolls of toilet paper that I would need throughout the night & they claimed they can only give me 2 rolls at a time. They really gave me a hard time about this, even knowing how ill I was! The one day that I got to go out, I played golf at Hyatt Cerromar & wasn't impressed w/course. Last night there, which was one of my only two nights out, it rained & we went into Old San Juan & Condado Plaza. Again wasn't impressed at all. Puerto Rico is very sleezy & unexotic. Wish I had gone to St. Martin or Bahamas instead. Would have enjoyed more & probably would not have gotten sick like I did! Save your money & go somewhere else!

Search this Thread