COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Need info on island hopping St. Vincent and Grenadines

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 05:37 PM
Robert

This summer my wife and I want to go island hopping through the grenadines and St. Vincent. Anybody do this? Can you give us neat places(moderately priced) to stay on the grenadines and St. V? What are neat things to do and see? Please advise and thanks! Robert

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 06:10 PM
penny

Hi Robert-the one expert Louis,may be away this week. He has lots of info on St. vincent and the Grenadins,you can find his posts on past forums. He leaves his email so I am sure he would love to hear from you.
Also www.scubamom.com gives you info on Young Island,Barbados and PSV.If you have not looked at her web site, do so I think you would enjoy her reports.
Enjoy!
Penny again!

Old Sep 30th, 2000, 05:02 AM
Robert

Thanks, Penny; You're help is appreciated. Robert

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 03:11 AM
Eva

Have you considered island-hopping on a crewed sailboat? Moorings has a package out of St. Lucia where you can let out a single stateroom on a 50 foot sailboat. The trip is from St. Lucia, through St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and ending in Grenada. My husband and I did this trip in March, 1996, and it was a great way to get an intimate taste of these lovely islands.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:27 AM
Cheri

We've sailed the Grenadines twice and both times did it on the Windjammer Mandalay. It's a 13 night trip and covers the islands very well. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:30 AM
Cheri

Forgot to mention, every morning the captain will tell you what island you will be at and what there is to see and do and they also have reasonably priced tours set up on all the islands. Takes a lot of the guess work out of it. They also have snorkel/scuba trips as well.