Need Help with & 7 Day PR Itinerary!!!

Jan 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Original Poster

Need Help with & 7 Day PR Itinerary!!!

My husband and I will be spending 7 days in Puerto Rico. Staying at a condo in Isla Verde. Not sure how to plan it all out but I figured that on Day #1 we would get settled in and hit Old San Juan and enjoy all it has to offer. Day#2 Go to El Yunque in the day and at night go Kayaking at the Biobay. We also want to visit Flamenco Beach, Bacardi Factory, El Morro Castle. Any other recommendations? Would going to Flamenco Beach on Day #3 be too much back and forth since we are staying in Isla verde. Not sure how to plan the rest of our week out. We want to see as much as possible and still enjoy the beautiful ocean. Also know that they will be having th e Patron Saint Festival and we will definitley be going to that. Thanks in advance!
Jan 8th, 2012, 03:36 AM

El Yunque National Forest Video Puerto Rico Old San Juan Video ... places in puerto rico > Videos > Camuy Caves ... Five Reasons To Visit http://www.map-puerto-rico.com/camuy...rns-video.html Caves El Yunque and Ponce as well as Arecibo all amazing.Usually carrentals.com cheapest for me for freedom flexibilty.

Have fun!
Jan 13th, 2012, 03:32 AM

When are you coming? Each town has its own patron saint and feast to it is not obvious.

I'm assuming you are going to rent a car. Make allowances for rush hours and aggressive driving. The excellent thing about staying in Isla Verde is that you will be mostly going against traffic as you head out for the day.

A day trip to Flamenco in Culebra has to be carefully planned in order to make it work with the ferry:

http://www.islaculebra.com/puerto-ri...-schedule.html

Depending on your degree of interest and time you want to spend, you can see El Morro on the day you do Old San Juan.

I like going to lake Dos Bocas in Utuado and taking one of the restaurant boats, my favorite -by far- for food, beauty, ambiance and service is Rancho Marina:

http://www.discoveringpuertorico.com...a-manmade-gem/

The picture with the little tree on the lawn is actually taken from Rancho Marina. They open only on weekends and greatly appreciate reservations. They stop taking people from the dock sometime after 2:00 pm, depending on how full they are. I have had less than desirable experiences with some of the other places (extremely loud music, slow service, and looooong waits for the boat to take you back to the 'embarcadero' (dock).

I love the Cabezas de San Juan guided tour in Fajardo. It does have to be reserved in advance with the Conservation Trust (Fideicomiso de Conservación) and it is worthwhile! You could do this in combination with the Fajardo BioBay (try to do this on a moonless night).

http://www.fideicomiso.org/
May 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM

If you are staying in San Juan and planning just a daytrip to Culebra, I'd recommend flying on either Flamenco Air or Vieques Airlink from San Juan -- most if not all of those flights leave from Isla Grande airport. Otherwise, you will be spending most of your day driving and on the ferry. And you'd also be driving right by El Yunque and Fajardo, which seems like a bit of a waste.

Otherwise, depending on how the rest of your stay works out, you might consider (1) spending a few nights on the east coast, and visiting El Yunque, the biobay, and Culebra from there, or (2) staying a few nights on Culebra itself.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Search this Thread