Bermuda in Sept for 5 nights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hubby and I celebrating our 50th birthdays in Bermuda at end of Sept. Would love opinion on whether to stay at Elbow Room, Fairmont South Hampton, Cambridge or Fairmont Princess. We will not have our kids with us. First time to visit so appreciate any advice to make the trip even more special.
thanks in advance for taking the time to share.
Old Feb 24th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Happy Anniversary. I will try to give you a thumbnail of each of those properties so you can choose what's best for you.
Hamilton Princess is in town. The property was recently purchased by Bermudians. Major refurbishment going on which should be finished by your trip. Beautiful common areas, this is a very large hotel popular with businesspeople and conventions. Hotel beach is at the Fairmont Southhampton. You take a boat shuttle and connect to a shuttle bus to reach the beach. The beach is private and well equipped for sports.
The Fairmont Southhamton is also large and very popular with conventions. It has a gorgeous spa and beautiful grounds. The buses run very conveniently and you can also take the water shuttle to Hamilton. Hamilton is where most of the restaurants and shops are located.
Elbow Beach is a waterfront hotel which currently operates only a portion of their rooms. The beach cottages which are open are lovely and all are waterview. The spa is quite small but very nice and more expensive than most. It is about 15 minutes from Hamilton.
Cambridge Beaches is Old Bermuda, very elegant and adult oriented. The rooms are beautifully furnished. It is the most isolated and private of the properties you mentioned. It has a small but very nice spa which is priced reasonably. Gorgeous views.
You might also want to consider the Reefs ( oceanfront), Royal Palms ( in Hamilton) and The Rosedon ( in Hamilton).
I hope that helps.
Old Feb 24th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Oops, make that Happy Birthday!
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much-very helpful info. What about Newstead? The Reefs are sold out for our visit.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 05:35 AM

I stayed at Newstead in Dec and really liked it. It is on the horbour but has a shuttle to the beach or golf. The rooms are very large and comfortable, the grounds are lovely and the free ferry shuttle to Hamilton is a great bonus. The infinity pool overlooking the harbour is gorgeous. There are two on site restaurants which are quite good.