need advice- help! want to travel in feb.

Old Nov 11th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice- help! want to travel in feb.

Hi -
anyone have suggestion on where to go for anniversary trip for 4-5 days in the caribbean? have never been, love beaches, sun, some activity, good food and drink. we will be without kids and want a really nice place!
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 08:13 PM

Where are you traveling from? 4-5 days makes it tight for some of the really great places that require a little more travel time. Bahamas is easy to get to but not warm in Feb. You might wish to think about St. Maarten, relatively easy to reach, warmer and good activity.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 11:03 PM

Aruba sounds like the place for you! We've been there twice in February, and the weather is fantastic at that time - warm and sunny but with a lovely cool breeze. It has everything you mention: great beaches, good food and drink, lots of activity. Very much recommended.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

we are traveling from moline, il (quad citie) or chicago..thnaks for any help..how about mexico compared to caribbean??
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Sunnyboy

With only 4 or 5 days (assuming you are counting travel days as part of that) you should concertrate on destinations you can reach non-stop from Chicago otherwise you will lose too much time traveling. Aruba, while an interesting destination, is a rather long flight from the mid-west. Try looking at St. Martin - a good first time Caribbean destination - lots of nice beaches, plenty of great restaurants, hotels & resorts in all price ranges and many things to see and do. Antigua is another destination which will fill your requirements but I'm not sure you can get there from Chicago without switching planes - check a few of the airline web-site for possible itineraries on the dates you want to travel. Try seeing if you can get to St. Thomas non-stop, if so you can find what you are looking for there. Since you are seeking "good food" I'd pass on Mexico (Cancun or Cozemel) - when I was there I thought the food was just OK but then again I'm not a great fan of Mexican foods so others may have a different opinion. By the way, one other hint, if you are seeking good food avoid most All Inclusives - unless you like cafeterria food!