Counples only resorts in Caribbean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been to Sandals and Couples resorts. Are there other couples only resorts or are these the only two resort chains in the Caribbean that are designed for couples only? We really the like the idea and they are romantic but Sandals can get a bit "cheesy". Any suggestions?
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 05:44 AM

check out the Royal Hideaway resort in Playa Del Carmen. They do not allow children under the age of 16. Beautiful resort. (never been) but also heard that Galley Bay in Antigua is supposed to be ncie.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 05:58 AM

Other resorts I have found that do not accept children -- Grace Bay Club, Turks & Caicos, La Luna and Bel Air Plantation in Grenada, Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana, DR. We go once a year without our children so always look for these places but they are few and far between. Second the previous poster regarding Royal Hideway, we went last year, very classy and upscale, wonderful food. Just thought of a few more -- I think Curtain Bluff and Jumby Bay in Antigua do not accept children at certain times of year.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 09:14 AM

I have to agreee with the above posts...we went to Royal Hideaway at the end of May and it was great.Im not an AI fan..but this one is different.I believe its the only AI that is listed with Leading Hotels of the world.Its a great get-away for the money.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM

I have been to both Palm Island in the Grenadines and Galley Bay. Would recommend both. . .
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 12:58 PM

Can't tell whether you're including Swept Away (Negril), as it is a Couples resort, but it is anything but cheesy and has a beautiful laid-back atmosphere. Adults only (over 18).

Bucuti Beach Resort in Aruba also discourages children. My husband and I have enjoyed lovely vacations in both these places.

I believe Grand Lido Negril is also adults-only, as they have a clothing-optional beach.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 07:31 AM

If you want to stay away from "cheesy" resorts and are looking for an upscale adult experience consider the Horned Dorset Primavera in Rincon, Puerto Rico (horneddorset.com). They don't bill themselves as "couples only", but it is in fact an adults-only place because it is geared towards a tranquil, private lodging experience. It's not really a resort, with activities and such, but if you are the do-it-yourself, independent traveler type, you can also do a lot of adventuring in that area using the hotel as your base if you don't want to just lounge around. Check these websites for more info on what you can do on that side of PR: rainforestsafari.com; rinconpr.com