Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > need a recommendation with non-stop flight from Chicago

need a recommendation with non-stop flight from Chicago

Feb 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

need a recommendation with non-stop flight from Chicago

I am looking for a Carib. vacation destination for family of 4 (4 and 5 year old kids) that we can fly to non-stop from O'Hare. Good pool, beach and kid-friendly dining (or ability to cook in) and opportunity for a cultural or nature excursion round out the wish list. We've done Puerto Rico and want something new.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM

There aren't that many places you can fly in the Caribbean nonstop from Chicago. I'd suggest you look at Aruba, St. Maarten, or the Dominican Republic. Condo accommodations are common in both Aruba and St. Maarten, and you can stay at a cheap AI in the Dominican Republic. I can't guarantee you'll be able to fly to any of these places nonstop, though, but these are some places to start.

Of course, if you are willing to include Mexico, then you might also be able to fly to Cancun or Cozumel.
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM

You can fly American Airlines non-stop from Chicago to Aruba. There you will find many, many condo style properties with full kitchens and pools. Aruba has all ranges of restaurants, from fast food to slow French food and everything in between. A safe, friendly island with a first class medical facility if you need it.
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM

You may want to look into Apple or Funjet Vacations. They offer nonstop charter flights from O'Hare to some of the Caribbean islands.
Feb 6th, 2007, 12:57 PM

chicago to aruba there are non stop flights. There are some nice resort selections there too. Might be a good choice!
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM

I believe you can also fly Cayman Air nonstop from Chicago to Grand Cayman. The Reef Resort there might be a good choice, with a restaurant on site and all condo-style, beachfront facilities.
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Jamaica. Cheap too:

http://www.vacationhotline.net/aironly.htm

Search this Thread