Search

Ciboney Resort Jamaica

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 1998, 05:42 AM
Kerri

Ciboney Resort Jamaica

My boyfriend and I are considering staying at Ciboney this fall when we visit Jamaica. Is this a ideal resort?

Old Aug 3rd, 1998, 08:32 AM
Sienna

I have not personally been there, but have read the following reports from people who have been there: The resort is luxurious and the service is good, but the major drawback is that it is not ON the beach. You have to take a shuttle across the street to get to the beach. The resort is up on a hill, and if you try to walk to the beach it's quite a walk. Also, they have shuttles just to take you around the resort because it is hilly and steep. Otherwise, it seems to be okay.

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 09:06 AM
Jim Yeo

I was there just over a year ago. A postage stamp for a beach ... right next story to Sandals. Lush property surrounded by a 10' high fence topped with barbed wire. <BR> <BR>We were in a villa jr. suite. Nice, but if I was going again, I'd stay in the great house ... much cheaper and closer to things ... especially the great house pool which hardly anyone uses. <BR> <BR>As I noted the beach is almost non-existant. If you're a beach person, this will be a real downer. You have to take a shuttle or walk to it ... it's an easy walk and good exercise. <BR> <BR>Ciboney features premium brand drinks ... but only if you ask for them. Once we started doing so, our drinks were no longer well brands. Bartenders recognized this very quickly and were very good. <BR> <BR>The staff at Ciboney were very accomodating. Whatever you want, they'll get it for you. <BR> <BR>Best part of Ciboney was the dining ... and I do call it dining. The Italian Beach front restaurant and Orchids were simply outstanding. As an all-inclusive guest, they would serve you everything on the menu if that was your wish ... or even small, sampler portions if you preferred. Service in both of these restaurants was outstanding. Make your reservations early, or you may get shut out. However, Ciboney isn't like the Grand Lido or Sans Souci ... you're not limited as to how many times you can attend a certain restaurant. <BR> <BR>The Great House bar was a great place for a pre or after dinner drink. <BR> <BR>Hey, amongst other things, I'm in the travel business ... and Ciboney, if it were located in Aruba, would be the resort of choice for me. I've travelled extensively in the Caribbean ... other than those resorts of the rich and famous ... it's a keeper. But remember ... the beach is a postage stamp! <BR> <BR>Enjoy. If you want more details, feel free to e-mail me directly.