Search

Barbados in December

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 1997, 12:53 PM
Allyson Cherins

Barbados in December

My family (we are all adults) will be in Barbados for a few days before leaving on a cruise for the islands. Any hotel suggestions? How about restaurants, shopping, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 02:51 PM
peter

My wife and I went to Barbados two years ago in November.
We stayed at Glitter Bay which is right next door to
its' sister hotel Royal Pavillion. Glitter Bay was beautiful.
The restaurants were beautiful. You felt like you were on vacation. Most of the restaurants are outdoor and situated along the water. You would be eating dinner and suddenly the flying fish would jump out of the water. If you go to Barbados, you have to eat at Carambola. Candlelight and a cliffside setting. Beautiful and excellent. I ate alot of fish while I was in Barbados. Also, Palm Terrace, LaMaison and Pisces were excellent. Pisces was located in St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church Parish. The rest I believe were located in St. James Parish.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 02:51 PM
peter

My wife and I went to Barbados two years ago in November.
We stayed at Glitter Bay which is right next door to
its' sister hotel Royal Pavillion. Glitter Bay was beautiful.
The restaurants were beautiful. You felt like you were on vacation. Most of the restaurants are outdoor and situated along the water. You would be eating dinner and suddenly the flying fish would jump out of the water. If you go to Barbados, you have to eat at Carambola. Candlelight and a cliffside setting. Beautiful and excellent. I ate alot of fish while I was in Barbados. Also, Palm Terrace, LaMaison and Pisces were excellent. Pisces was located in St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church Parish. The rest I believe were located in St. James Parish.

Old Jun 11th, 1997, 05:42 AM
Nancy

My fiance and I were in Barbados last November and loved it. We ate primarily at the resort we stayed at - The Almond Beach Club. However, one night we ventured to an Italian restaurant on the West coast north of Bridgetown on the main highway. It's called Il Tempo di Adamo and the food and service were amazing. The front looks like a classical building, but the back is just columns and it's all open to the beach. If you get a chance, visit Crane Beach on the southern end; it's the most beautiful place with pink sand and azure water. Have a great time. If you want more info, e-mail me.

Old Jun 11th, 1997, 09:59 AM
Nancy

One more thing. If you get a chance, rent a MOKE; it's a car with no doors or roof. It seats four and it's the best way to see the island at your own pace. Don't worry about getting lost, there aren't too many roads and the Bajans are very friendly. Remember to ask for one with seat belts. Also, they drive on the left side of the road there. By the way, thanks for your advice on Santorini.