Notices

Naked!

Mar 22nd, 2000, 12:37 AM
Mike C

Naked!

I have planned a trip to St Francois, Guadeloupe for the last week in May. My fiance is concerned about the topless/nude sunbathing situation. Not her cup of tea. It's not a big deal for me so I had not really given it much thought. I was so excited to find a place that had everything that we were looking for and I really don't want to start from scratch on new plans. Looking for some feedback on how much nudity we should expect to encounter in the off-season. Also, we are staying at Le Meridien - La Cocoteraie. Any experiences with this resort?

Mar 22nd, 2000, 11:58 AM
Diane

Mike, people are probably avoiding your inquiry because of the title. Looks like you're looking for some legitimate information, so try posting the title differently.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 12:23 PM
Tom

You should try Tehran instead. I hear it's beautiful in the spring and you won't see much flesh.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 12:25 PM
Different Diane

Guadeloupe was the first Caribbean island we ever visited. Being French, many of the tourists are European, and many of the women will sunbathe topless. However, they are very comfortable with themselves, their husbands and children take no notice of it, and it is really not a very "big deal". There are also enough American tourists who prefer NOT to sunbathe topless that your fiance should not feel out of place. Besides, she has a great guy with her. Guadeloupe is a terrific place. Rent a car for a couple of days and drive around the island. You are staying on the "calm" side of the island. The ocean is very different on the other side. You should have a fabulous trip.

Search this Thread