mymoosie's Union Island & Grenadines Trip Report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got my trip report up for Union Island & The Grenadines (well, daytrip to the Tobago Cays, Palm Island, Mayreau).
www.mymoosie.net

Any broken links, please let me know. I'm being a nightowl again. Hey, at least I didn't forget to put the link this time. ;-)

Old Oct 15th, 2007, 04:20 AM

This my be my favorite trip report!

You always seem to have excellent weather-calm crystal clear waters when you travel-I'm going to start traveling with you! ;-)

I was in Grenadines twice-9 and 10 years ago-after seeing your report-I'm due a trip there again!

Love Love love it.
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 05:12 AM

Oh, that was such a nice treat to start my day! I love your pics interspersed with your narrative. And that kitty--what a little beauty--I'd want to take her home, too.

For all that it gets raves about the snorkeling, my own trip to the Grenadines wasn't much to write home about, either. Pleasant? Why yes. Clear water? Certainly. But the snorkeling was not as good as most places I've snorkeled. I suppose I'll just have to keep on taking trips there to try it out, eh?

Anyway, thanks for posting another great trip report!
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM

I'm going to go to bed tonight and dream about this exotic journey! In another four months I'll be telling my own stories about Palm Island!
Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM

OK, DUH! What am I doing wrong? I can view the video but not the TR.

On our day trip to The Grenadines from STL, we went on the Captain Yannis Charter. What a great day that was! Did you stop on Mayreau also? We stopped at Saline Bay, wish we would have had time to visit Saltwhistle Bay.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 02:56 AM

yes i can't find the trip report either. just wonderful pics but no narrative or words???
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi brenandg! Look up at the top right corner on the page where you clicked on the photo to view the video. The links to the report are there. I want to go to Saltwhistle Bay too.

Hi virginia! Which page were you on? If you are on the main page, click on any of the photos and it will take you to the actual TR.

Hi blamona, ejcrowe! Thanks for the compliments. Perfect excuse to visit again eh? It would be great if you can find a sail charter that will do like a 2 night trip. If you find one let me know because that would be cool.

Hi Knowing! Ahhh Palm Island... lovely! You will have a wonderful time.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 04:19 AM

Top right hand corner, click on "flights"
bottom of each page will say "next page"
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM

ok i can get the pics and written trip report for all but grenada my love 2007 and union island & grenadines 2007. when i click on either of these photos from the main page a video presentation starts with still and movie included. music plays no narration. no printed words. no place to click flights. nothing says next page??? gawd i feel dumb.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Hi virginia - Try these links. They should take you directly to the reports.
http://mysite.verizon.net/mymoosieme...t-mainpage.htm
http://mysite.verizon.net/mymoosieme...t-mainpage.htm
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM

virginia and mymoosie,
Same thing with me. I only get the videos for those two TR's. I thought it was just me! Kept looking at the page over and over and nothing to click on for the report . I tried the links you posted as well, mymoosie. No luck.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Oops! Sorry I was having a DUH moment. Try these 2 links... You can just click Next page at the bottom of each. You just won't get the header portion to allow you to jump around the different links. So to backtrack, you'll have to use your browsers Back button.
Not pretty, but must be something with your browsers and the way I set up the framesets. Hope this works!

Grenadines:
http://mysite.verizon.net/mymoosieme...flighttext.htm

Grenada:
http://mysite.verizon.net/mymoosieme...flighttext.htm
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 06:18 PM

AHA! and Eureka. i am off to read the reports. thank you for adding the extra links for my incompetant browser.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 04:47 AM

Yippee! I can now read them too. Thanks, mymoosie.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Oh yeah! Looking forward to another great read with great pics.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM

well this is one fabulous trip report. so, haha, i take it you liked grenada! i have bookmarked the entire report.
i now want to explore st.v&g'g even more. you mentioned you would get a private boat to snorkel tobago cays. did you see that this is an easily available service. that sounds like it would be just right for us.
oh yes - you have given me an idea i'm awfully pleased with. i usually try to take some things to leave on the island. we always seem to run into the local kids (we stay in villas) so i will start taking swimming goggles, so they can better see what under the sea they love so much. not to mention that i'll be needing to contact local pet rescue in each location before we go now. i can't believe i never thought of that before.
again thank you for finding a link for me and brenandg to see the reports. you must be a computer wiz!
so now, where will you go next?
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Oh glad you guys were able to read it.

virginia - I'm so glad it gave you an idea on what to bring along and also contacting local pet rescues. That makes my day and makes it so worthwhile to do the TR. Goggles are a great giveaway for kids. Another one we thought of are the waterproof fish cards. I always manage to give away my fish books each time.

mymoosie is off to ...Grenada again. 48 more days! Not that I'm counting down or anything. ;-)
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 05:08 AM

mymoosie:

Last time I was in Grenada, I tried to day trip to Sandy Island, but never made it. (required either small flight or ferry to Carricou)then a boat over to the small cay like island. If you go this time there-I can live through you! ;-)
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Loved it! Aaahhhhhh that water in the Grenadines... looks like paradise. My son loved the "yellow plane". So how come you get to go away so soon again? I swear, I'm not jealous.
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

caribtraveler - You've been on more trips this year, haven't you? ;-)

blamona - I really want to squeeze in Sandy Island. Only 7 days of vacation this time. We shall see...

virginia, brenandg - Are you by chance running Windows Vista & Internet Explorer 7? I just got a new laptop running Vista and I ran into the same prob you had. I'll have to figure out a way to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -