Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   My last airfare question, I promise :) BOS-SXM (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/my-last-airfare-question-i-promise-bos-sxm-592067/)

beachgirl86 Feb 17th, 2006 05:34 PM

My last airfare question, I promise :) BOS-SXM

OK, so I am seriously considering Anguilla for our end of June/early July vacation. (We are already going to Aruba and Hawaii this year, and Anguilla appeals to me for quiet and relaxation.)

The airfare I am seeing to St. Martin is about $460 with 1 stop. We would then take the ferry over to Anguilla. Is this a fair price from Boston, or should I wait?? I would love to fly right into Anguilla, but the price is over $700.

Thanks!

Kristen1206 Feb 17th, 2006 07:38 PM

That's a decent price. You could possibly do better but more likely the price will get worse before better.

Anguilla is great....go for it!

beachgirl86 Feb 17th, 2006 07:48 PM

Thanks, Kristen :) I remember your trip report from Anguilla...your photos are the ones that have always kept Anguilla in the back of my mind! We are off to Aruba for 5 days in April...which did you prefer?

You're off to Provo soon, too, right? That is another island we are seriously looking at, but the airfare is more expensive than SXM.

ALR Feb 18th, 2006 03:29 AM

With USAir, if you purchase a ticket and the price drops, you can call them and they will send you a voucher for the difference which is good on a future USAir flight within the next year.

Kristen1206 Feb 18th, 2006 05:19 AM

Hi beachgirl. You're right on about all my trips :-)

I enjoyed Aruba amd Anguilla equally but for different reasons. They both had the best beaches I have seen thus far though. Snorkeling wasn't super in either but it was fine.

The color of the water in Aruba is amazing..a gorgeous turquoise color. Aruba was a fun island with lots to do and many things were close together so we didn't really need a car (the bus was fine to get us into town etc). Aruba is almost like 2 island because you ahve the gorgoeus beaches and palm trees on one side and then the rugged terrain and black stones beaches on other side. You must eat at El Gaucho...the absoulyely best steak I have ever had. It was truly amazing. And get a pitcher of sangria too. Also not to miss is the Kukuoo Kunuku Party Bus. A blast. And Kokoa's is a great place for happy hour and watch the sunset. It's on the end of the DePalm pier next to the Radisson. Where are you staying? Then of course there is Aruba's awesome weather, but just plan to let your hair go because of the strong breeze...which is very nice by the way. We never had a problem with blowing sand.

Anguilla was amazing for 3 reason...the beaches, the food and the people. The beaches are gorgeous and the sand is like baby powder. The people are the friendliest of any island I have been too. And the food is to die for. There are so many great restaurants on this small island. I would receommend renting a car though because most things are spread apart. Plus there are so many beaches and coves etc worth exploring. The roads aren't graet though. Where are you staying?

Check Spirit Airlines for airfare deals to Provo and other caribbean islands. We took advanatage of their $9 sale from ft. lauderdale to go to provo in April. They aleays have specials...you may want to sign up for their email alerts.

So you are going to Aruba in April and Anguilla a few months later? Lucky you! I am sure you will love both.

We plan to go back to Aruba next year with another couple which should be a lot of fun.

beachgirl86 Feb 18th, 2006 07:45 AM

Kristen: Well, I booked it this morning :) I actually found a great open jaw flight on American Airlines's website. We are flying into SXM, but flying out of AXA. It was $437 per ticket, which was actually cheaper than doing a RT to SXM!

In Aruba, we are staying at the Radisson. On Anguilla, I am looking at Ku right now, nothing booked yet. We actually have 3 trips booked this spring and summer now...Aruba, Anguilla, and then back to Hawaii in August. My husband ended up with extra vacation time, and we are trying to do as much as we can together in this next year before we start a family!

Thanks for the tips on Spirit air, too. That's a great deal you got!! When are you going to Provo? You'll have to let me know how it appeals to you versus the other islands you have visited.

Kristen1206 Feb 18th, 2006 08:06 AM

We stayed at he Radisson in Aruba and loved it! I would also want to try Ku in Anguilla so I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

I am going to T&C in April...

beachgirl86 Feb 18th, 2006 09:32 AM

Glad to hear you liked the Radisson on Aruba! We are going there in April. Then on to Anguilla in late June/early July. I got an e-mail back from Ku this morning, and they do have availability, so I think I'll end up going with them.

We'll have to compare trip reports this spring and summer :) I just showed my husband your Anguilla pictures this morning, and he was very impressed. (He is all about just letting me pick and plan the vacations!)