Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > my girl friend and I going away for 4 days..for the first time. any good ideas?

my girl friend and I going away for 4 days..for the first time. any good ideas?

Jan 17th, 2002, 08:16 AM
brein

my girl friend and I going away for 4 days..for the first time. any good ideas?

I live in NYC and want to get away feb 1-4
any ideas?

Jan 17th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Maggie

Bermuda!

NYC to Bermuda via JFK or EWR is the perfect getaway -- beaches, sand, five-star accommodations and dining within a two and half hour flight -- all within your reach and is easily quicker than on the LIE to any points on Long Island. Bermuda is a true Anti-Hamptons, Anti-dote to relaxation.

My first trip to Bermuda was four years ago and we've gone every year since then -- we were living in NYC at the time and needed a quick getaway.

Bermuda is cool (70 degrees F) I believe this time of year, but might be worth considering since everything under the sun is so within your grasp.

Just go! You won't regret it! I'm thinking about booking some sort of vacation now for departure tomorrow for the long holiday weekend.........spoken from someone who's dying to go right now.

Jan 17th, 2002, 08:55 AM
weather

Bermuda will be chilly in February -

Average high - 68
Average low - 61
Warmest ever - 77
Coldest ever - 44
Average precipitation 4.4 in.

Due to short time frame, call yur travel agent and pick a caribbean island that you can get a non-stop flight and a short transfer from airport to hotel.

Jan 17th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Jak

Try Aruba. Good package deals available.

Jan 17th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Penney

I think Aruba would nornally be good but for four days out of NY, you will spend so much time traveling.

Bahamas, Bermuda and Turks could be too cool.

How about Jamaica mon?! Close, easy to get to from NY, warm and there are some really good deals right now.

How about Grand Lido Braco, or Sandals Royal?

Negril is personally my favorite part but unless you take the flight shuttle over, you spend alot of time on the road.

Jan 17th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Penny

I'm a travel agent and Jamaica is my favorite island! I'll send you some info via your email.

Jan 17th, 2002, 10:56 PM
les creolines

go to
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/cottages-les-creolines/

Jan 18th, 2002, 05:04 AM
x

Club Med is running some really great deals out of NYC. Check their website www.clubmed.com under "Great Deals".

Jan 18th, 2002, 06:34 AM
domato

I agree that Aruba is a good idea - nice and warm even in February, and although it's more air miles, it won't take long if you get a non-stop.

St. Thomas is also very easy to reach from the NYC area, and a prettier island than Aruba (but Aruba has fantastic beaches).

Jamaica's easy to get to, but as noted above, Negril's the best part of the island and probably not worth the trouble on a 4-day trip. Montego Bay area is near airport and may be cheaper than Aruba or St. Thomas.

Jan 18th, 2002, 08:51 AM
brein

thank you everyone....
I'll let you know what we decide

Jan 18th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Wendy

My husband and I went to Ladera on St. Lucia. We will never match the romance of this place. It is totally unique, and like no where else in the world. The rooms are made of stone, with plunge pools in the room, balconies that hang you over the rain forrest, and the rooms only have 3 walls. Yep, open air. We even had a little rain shower, didn't get wet, but was beautiful watching it from our living room. I can't imagine a more beautiful, romantic place in the world. Check out their website, www.ladera.com. We booked through www.stluciatravel.com and got a really good discount.

Search this Thread