My Cuba Travel Photos with INFO

Apr 21st, 2003, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

My Cuba Travel Photos with INFO

Over the last year or more I have posted quite a few comments/advise on Cuban travel based on what I have read and learned personally from my trips.

It has taken me a while, but I have finally put together a website with several dozen of my photos along with a full text description of each photo. Most are from Havana, but other areas are represented as well.

The site is best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution and I will be adding additional photos as scanning and uploading time permit.

I hope you enjoy them and there is a link if you wish to send me any comments or questions.

Thanks
Steve

The website link is:
http://photopilot.tripod.com/vivacuba/
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:36 AM
Caribgirl

What great photos! I can hardly wait till we can go, possibly in November. I always read your posts, Steve, they are so informative.

May 6th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

Just an update.....

I have finally added the final photos to the website and all the full text descriptions and historical information. The site is now complete and I hope you appreciate the efforts.

Thanks to all those who have sent me comments.

Steve
May 8th, 2003, 05:43 AM

I can't seem to get into your site. I have tried a few times, and it keeps saying it is down.
May 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Hello to those who have had trouble accessing the Cuban photo website.

It seems that the Tripod websites has a bandwidth limit (1 Gig) each 24 hour period. Once that limit is reached, the site shuts down till the next day. I agree that this can be most annoying. I didn't realise this when I selected Tripod to host the account.

As it is a high visual content sight, it seems that this limit is being reached more frequently than I had anticipated. The only practical option is to lower the resolution of the photos and compress then higher. This will reduce bandwidth requirements.

The photographer in me shudders at the thought of doing this however.

Please have some patience and try again at a later date. Gee.... it's nice to be popular.

Thanks for your patience.
Steve
May 9th, 2003, 03:20 PM

I finally got onto your site. It is awsome, and so informative. It is also nice to put a face to the name That must have taken you hours to do. I think my fav pic is the old cuban man that made into that book. Very cool.

Thank you
May 10th, 2003, 06:52 PM

STEVE,
REALLY, enjoyed your site.Very classy,informative,truly Canadian.
Any insight to the new Sandals, would be great.Your info. on the Sevilla in Havana was much appreciated. Thanks...
May 13th, 2003, 04:31 PM

Beautiful pictures Steve! I like the ones on Sol Club on Cayo Largo...we've been looking at that spot for a quick one week away so he can overindulge on the scuba. We've stayed at Melia hotels in Holguin (by Guardalavaca) and Cayo Guillermo. As Sol is part of the Melia chain, we know it would be a good spot to stay if we ever make it to Cayo Largo.
thanks for the insight into yet another beautiful area of Cuba