Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Most romantic St. Bart's restaurant (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/most-romantic-st-barts-restaurant-772487/)

GKS Mar 11th, 2009 09:49 AM

Most romantic St. Bart's restaurant

Hello! My husband and I will be on St. Maarten in June, but I'm thinking that for our anniversary we should take a boat to St. Bart and splurge on a romantic dinner and stay the night there. Do you have any suggestions as to which restaurants I should look at?

As for hotel, we'll probably try to find something not too expensive (around $200 or so would be great), so if you have any ideas in that department they'd also be appreciated. :)

Thank you!!!

TPAYT Mar 12th, 2009 11:00 AM

We love St. Bart's, but $200 might only get you part of a dinner, probably not a hotel. Although you are going in June so things may be less expensive.

Eden Rock is stunning, but we paid $75 for 1 club sandwich at lunch there, just to give you an example. The Wall House on the harbor if very good also.

Why not rent a car for the day, drive around the beautiful island and eat at the more casual beach places. Still expensive, but doable. Good luck!

GKS Mar 12th, 2009 05:20 PM

Wow!! Thank you. Clearly I need to look into this more. I appreciate the feedback! :)

emrutten Mar 12th, 2009 06:49 PM

dinner at the carl gustav would be pretty romantic! We only went there for a drink before dinner. the view is amazing! people go there to have a drink just to watch the sunset from there beautiful dining/lounge area.

Naveron Mar 13th, 2009 07:35 AM

I agree that Carl Gustaf is pretty amazing -- any time of day for a romantic dinner. The other place that comes to mind is Nikki Beach on St. Jean Bay. Very sexy.

J_R_Hartley Mar 26th, 2009 03:16 PM

Don't be silly.

The Normandie Hotel will do you a double room for 125 euros, there is cheaper at the Sunset in Gustavia.

The Nikki is more a party place.

If you want mid range and romantic restaurants, there is La Mandala in Gustavia and the Do Brazil on Shell Beach.

Cold_in_Cleveland Mar 28th, 2009 05:37 PM

Hi GKS, my husband and I both agree, the most romantic place we dined in St. Barth was Le Taramin in Saline beach. We had a late lunch there one day. The place was deserted. It seems to have a Bali-type theme at the inn there, and the food was like an Asian-French fusion type thing. We loved it. And we ate at Sapotillier and all those other places, and Taramin was our favorite. Oddly, travel guides seem to describe it as a flip flops and swimsuits type place, but that wasn't our experience at all. Of course, we haven't been since 2005.

caribcouple Apr 14th, 2009 07:26 AM

MOST romantic?
That's a tough one...I'd agree with Wall House on the Gustavia Harbor or Kifi Massi in Lorient. Eden Roc is gorgeous along with the Carl Gustav, but do bring your gold card to either of those.

elisemf Jun 1st, 2009 12:16 PM

My bet for most romantic would be Ti St Barth---

Barthophile Jun 1st, 2009 04:34 PM

Have a wonderful time on your trip to St. Barth's. The most wonderful and consistenly delicious restaurant on the island is definitely Wall House. They have a prix fixe menu at 29 E p/p, having a gourmet dinner in St. Barth's does not need to break the bank. Ditto K'fe Massai, lovey restaurant in Lorient, also with a prix fixe starting at 29E pp.

As mentioned above for accomodations in the 200 dollar range check out the Normandie in Lorient, Sunset in Gustavia, and a new arrival, kind of a B & B, Fleur de Lune in Saline. Salines Garden Cottages are also very well priced. You have more options than you think in low season! Go for it and enjoy!