Reload this Page >

Mosquitoes in Caribbean--Oct.??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:18 PM
Ouch

Have just booked two weeks in the Caribbean for early Oct. Will there be any mosquitoes still there that I need to contend with?<BR> Thanks!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:36 AM
tivertonhouse

YUP/bring Deet. Skeeters prevalent after rains/noseeums dusk and dawn. Recommend Deep Woods Off for its staying power...

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:00 AM
Sue

Sweetheart that's like asking if there are beaches in the Caribbean. Your answer will vary from island to island but there are always mosquitos in the Caribbean.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:23 AM
wadadli

Avon Skin-so-soft works too!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 09:57 AM
anon

I hope I did this correctly.<BR><BR>Check out this site for a comparison on mosquito repellents. According to the study, Avon Skin So Soft works for approximately 3-10 minutes, but it smells good. I'd go for the Deet.<BR><BR>http://www.msnbc.com/news/775900.asp?cp1=1

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:03 AM
anon

Would you say the drier islands, like Anguilla and Provo, have fewer mosquitoes?

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Allie

Drier more arid islands definitely have less mosquitos. Anquilla, Aruba, some of the Turks and Caicos etc. The more lush and green islands, St John, St Lucia, Jamaica etc will have more biting insects.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Mary

They're really only bad in the evening hours. Our 1st Caribbean vacation on St. Bart's was almost over before it started because of mosquitoes -- the resort owner turned us on to Mosquito Milk which is a Belgian roll-on sold in the islands. It literally saved our vacation & has been a staple every year since!