Morritt's Grand Resort or ???

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Wyler

Morritt's Grand Resort or ???

We have reservations at Morritt's Grand Resort in November/December. Any experiences with this place?

Or should we find a place on the West side of the island?

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Kit

I am a regular at Morritt's Tortuga Club, right next door to the Grand Resort. The place is beautiful. And the beaches & water are phenominal. Keep in mind that you're on the East End...away from the touristy west end (7-mile beach). That's where all the major resorts & crowds are. Little traffic out on the East End. Email me if additional questions.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Jake

The reason Morritt's is away from the main tourist area is because 99% of the people want to be on a world class beach like 7-mile beach. To call the beach at Morritt's phenomenal is a bit of a stretch. You will never see it listed on any best beach list.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:07 AM
G

We've driven out to Morritts once....too far to go again, and no reason in my opinion. Everything you'd want to do, all the best restaurants, its all in the 7MB area. The beach at Morritts looks nice in the pictures but I don't remember being impressed with it when I was there. 7MB is far more beautiful. I'd feel stuck out at Morritts I think.....but if you want a resort that you don't intend to leave, its probably nice.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:33 AM
anon

Morritts is at the far, far end of the island. One hour plus to the major attractions. A rental car will set you back $$$$. The only reason to stay out there is because you bought a timeshare. Better to stay near Seven Mile Beach. You will be much happier.