Moorea...Honeymoon hotspot?

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Anj

Moorea...Honeymoon hotspot?

We are looking for a beach-related honeymoon where we can have privacy in Sept '02. We'd like to sleep on the beach for the first two days and then boat, hike and scuba... is Moorea for us?

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Scott

Since Moorea is in the South Pacific, you might have better luck on another board.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Anj

Right. But I am trying to reach out to island enthusiasts all over.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 07:58 PM
freewoman

I loved Moorea. It is a wonderful, quaint little island. I stayed at the Bali Hai Hotel, but it is closed for renovation right now and I am not sure when it is scheduled to reopen. I would definitely stay there again tho. The Sheraton has opened since I was there, but I have read a lot of positive posts about it. The unique thing about Tahiti are the overwater bungalows. But if you want to sleep on the beach, I would suggest that you might want to get a beach bungalow and then you can sleep right outside your own place.

Have a great time and enjoy the dogs and roosters!!! (joke)

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 04:58 AM
lisa

Hi,

We stayed on Moorea last year for two weeks and really loved it. We also honeymooned in St. John last Xmas which I would also highly recommend.

Moorea is a more difficult island to get around than going to the Caribbean. Also, you have to factor in the 8 hour flying time from LAX!! There is not much hiking on Moorea - you would have to go to the big island of Tahiti for that where you can hike inland. As for boating, we found the South Pacific seas to be a little rough. BY contrast, we took ferries/sailboats all around the BVIs and never got sick.

Feel free to email me directly and I can give you more info. If you are set on the South Pacific you may even want to consider flying to some of the outer islands (e.g. Huahine is fabulous and private) [I would NOT reccomend the 8 hour boat ride to Huahine!].

Lisa

[email protected]