Montego Bay vs Negril-small children

Feb 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Montego Bay vs Negril-small children

Hi
We're planing on spending a week in Jamaica in March. We're looking for a child friendly, all inclusive resort. Kids are 5 and 1, so we would like nice, calm water
any help?
Which do you recomend more Negril or Montego Bay
Feb 17th, 2011, 03:13 PM

I've been taking my kids to Negril for 30 years. So it's almost as if they grew up on that beach. And in terms of a beach, I don't think Montego Bay compares well to the almost seven-mile strand of white sand in Negril. You will find "nice, calm water" in either place, but Negril is much more beautiful, and has many more hotels/restaurants to choose from, most of which are reasonably priced.

We have never stayed in an AI, so I can't help you with that decision, but you will find that many of the small hotels on the beach are very family-friendly, and well-priced.
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM

We did Beaches Negril with kids, and it was nice. Negril is the better of the two spots you mentioned. However, we found Riviera Maya better for small ones and better on the wallet too
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:33 AM

I would also say Negril. Have stayed at Sandy Bay and Beaches Negril. Plenty of food choices. My son got married at Sandy Bay and we had 37 adults and 11 children ages 4 to 13 and all loved it. The beach is beautiful.
Feb 18th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Definitely Negril! Sorry I'm not up on the family-friendly options or all-inclusives there, but yes highly recommend Negril over Montego Bay.

Search this Thread