Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Mid 20's couple going to Sandals in Jamaica for honeymoon

Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:29 AM
Tiffany

My fiance and I are not getting married until May of 2003, but we are starting all of the major details for the planning of the wedding and of course the honeymoon. We definitely have narrowed our decision down to a Sandals resort. Our fave choices so far are Negril and MoBay. Read a lot of good things about both in this forum, but need more info to determine which one would be better for us. Like I said in the title of this, we are in our mid 20's. We like to party, but out of the college stages of partying, but mostly want a good resort to cater to both of our wants for this honeymoon. Like I said, we do like the dancing and party nature of the MoBay resort, but to be honest, we are very laid back people. We don't want a constant party while we are there, but want to have that option. Would Negril be a good option as far as being more laid back but also having the party there, but maybe not as roudy as MoBay? I'm sure MoBay being more of the party atmosphere has plenty of young couples like me and my fiance, but does Negril have mid 20's couples that go there also? Thanks in advance for any information that you can give me!

Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Mia

Negril, Negril, Negril..I cannot say enough!! It is the perfect combination of relaxation, good vibes, and a damn good party when you want one! MoBay just doesn't have the same feel...or the same anything for that matter!

My biggest word of advice about all-inclusives is this (and believe me, should you have any questions about Negril...I'll be HAPPY to talk endlessly in detail!)....do not under any circumstances spend every moment on the grounds!! Negril is a beautiful place with a zillion fascinating people and establishments, and it would be a damn shame to stay sheltered at an A/I and miss the joy you will find outside the gates

Please, feel free to ask direct questions and I will gladly answer them...I have a deep love for Jamaica and Negril and am always glad to talk about them !!

Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:42 PM
Jill

My husband and I are going in April to Sandals-negril. Any recommendations on how to hook up with another couple if we want to split a charter flight? Also dhave you gone to the YS falls? Where should we go if we want to dance at night in Negril?

Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:22 PM
Penney

Best way to find someone to split the air to Negril is to do what you are foing - go to the travel boards and post! You are sure to find someone.
Also,if you go to www.Negril.com you should get some great info on plces to go at night.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:42 PM
Kim

You picked 2 of the best Sandals. Our first visit was to Negril and its our favorite. We just returned from the Montego Bay Jamaica about 2 weeks ago,
We loved it. Very active resort great entertainment and lots of activites. Great food and the staff is wonderful. We are 100% Sandals people and go every Febuary.

Mar 24th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Tiffany

Mia,
I am taking you up on that!!! I would love to hear more, if you have time. Send me an email or something. I would love to have more information on Negril. And, does anyone know how bad the beaches in Negril got hit? Is there any beach left? Thanks for the responses everyone. I definitely think Negril is the one!!!!

Mar 24th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Penney

There is said to be beach left at Sandals Negril but that it got narrower. IT was narrow to begin with so this could be a problem. People over at www.negril.com might know more.

Mar 24th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Cindy & Bob

Go to Negril it is great and nice. Sandlas is the best!! We wnet 2 years ago and will be going back, Good luck.

Mar 25th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Nancy

Re: Sandals in Moe Bay. There are three different Sandals in Montego Bay. When you stay at one you can use all three. The price of them is quite different. The one that is the least expensive, is ok, but it is not as beautiful as the other ones, I think it is called the Royal or something that is the most beautiful of the three. The cheapest one is on a dead end street that has alot of traffic and the beach is across the street from the resort and right beside the public beach. Just wanted you to realize that. You can pay for the cheap one and then ride the Sandals bus (it runs all day and night long) to the other two resorts.

Mar 25th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Mia

Tiffany,

What would you like to know ??
How's that for vague?? Seriously, I'm happy to gush about Negril anytime...

give me some guidelines and I'll get to typing