Search

Long Island Bahamas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Island Bahamas

We will be on LI next week. I am looking for a group snorkel tour and a great restaurant for an anniversary dinner. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 11:06 AM

Long Island is a very sleepy island. There are a couple of restaurants (probably less than a dozen) around the island, none that I would describe as "great". Where are you staying - it makes a difference - if you are staying in the north it could be a 50 mile drive to a restaurant in the south.

We stayed at Cape Santa Maria and they arranged a snorkel trip for us.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Roams around-we are staying in the Whymms area. I know that the idea of "great" would be relative to the location. I think great atmosphere is really what I'm looking for. A nice view, tropical drink and decent food. We aren't looking for fancy. Is there a restaurant you would recommend?

I emailed Cape Santa Maria and haven't received a reply. I will try again.

I would appreciate any suggestions for LI that you would care to share. I've found very little info online. Especially if you should happen to have detailed directions for good shore snorkeling! Thanks!
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 06:12 PM

All the restaurants on Long Island are pretty casual. The ones at Cape Santa Maria and Stella Maris and perhaps Chez Pierre have the "best atmosphere" but I use that terms loosely. They do, however, serve tropical drinks, have what most people will say is "good food" and there are decent views You "atmosphere and romance" will come from being there with your spouse.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:32 AM

In my view, Chez Pierre is the best restaurant on the island. Meets your criteria above. You will need to make a reservation in advance. The food is quite good. I think you can sit inside or on the wrap around porch. Its also close to Whymms. The road off the main highway is not well paved but its drivable by car or preferably a jeep.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Mnag I just read trip advisor reviews for Chez Pierre. Interesting reading. I'm wondering if they are accurate. Are you familar?
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 07:10 PM

tdelano- I left you a PM on TA about this question.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:00 AM

I have not read in a while. I recollect the reviews mostly on accomodations not the restaurant. We've enjoyed the food and atmosphere on both our visits (the last one was in April this year)