Notices

Memorial Day Weekend - which hotel

Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:52 AM
klt
Original Poster

Memorial Day Weekend - which hotel

Hi -

We've never been to the Caribbean and I am dreaming of a long weekend in St. Barths (Memorial Day). Please give me advice re: which hotel. We are two 30-something adults, a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Thanks!
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM

St. Barths is a little difficult to get to so it is not usually a good destination for a "long weekend" since you'll spend the better part of a day getting there and another day to get back home. However, assuming you are comfortable with the travel time take a look at Eden Roc, Isle de France, Francoise Plantation, Guanahani Hotel, Hotel Carl Gustaf, or Le Toiny to see if they are within your particular budget.

It is hard to make specific recommendations without knowing your likes & dislikes or your budget.
Mar 21st, 2007, 10:20 AM

I'll be on St. Barths May 24 or May 27. I heard that many stores are closed on Sundays.

I'm looking for accommodations for one night.

Houtravelchick
Mar 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM

Agree with a traveler, St Barts is not any easy place to get. A long weekend doesn't seem worth the effort unless you have a private jet or something to fly you into St. Maarten. Most of your weekend would consist of flight time.

Search this Thread