Search

Negril - Idle Awhile resort

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negril - Idle Awhile resort

Hello,
We just booked an 8 day stay at Idle Awhile (2 rooms) for April 18-25th. One concern is the small safe which is good for maybe holding cash, passports, and maybe a small digital camera. My wife has alot of professional grade photography equipment and a laptop that will no fit into the safe and theft is a concern as some have stated they had things stolen from their rooms while at other resorts. Can anyone speak to the safety of leaving things in their room at Idle Awhile? Another concern my wife had was that she saw a post somewhere where someone suggested it was okay to use the beach lounge chairs out front if only passing by for the afternoon when having lunch at Chill Awhile (non guests). Is it true that anyone from the public can use them or are they reserved just for the guests. It would be great to know that there is enough for all who stay at Idle Awhile.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM

There are enough chairs at Idle Awhile for guests.
We put our son's portable DVD player at the bottom of our bag since it wouldn't fit in the safe. I was not happy about that but it was not stolen.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:02 PM

Eastside, Our major complaint was the fact that the safe was not large enough for a laptop, what is the point of advertising free wifi at the resort if the laptop is insecure when you are out of your room????

Perhaps they have upgraded the safes? I'd give them a call especially in light of your wifes' camera equipment and ask if there are alternative space that they can store them safely for you? Perhaps in the safe in the office.

While you are on the call - ask if they provide hairdryers now, they didn't when we visited and if I remember rightly it cost $35 to buy one for the six days that we were there. It was worth it for my hair but highly annoying that they wouldn't ask Couples Swept Away if we could borrow one from that resort, and in Low season too

April? unless it's Spring Break? You'll be fine.
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 05:06 PM

I would definitely ask the front desk if they can hold your valuables while you're out of your room. I would not leave them unattended.

As far as beach chairs go, only guests at Idle Awhile are allowed to use them.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Check with them about using the hotel safe for your very valuable things.