Reload this Page >

SCUBA destinations as goog as Cozumel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 04:35 PM
Tom Tompkins

We had an incredible SCUBA trip to Cozumel in September. Would love recommendations on other perfect places to go. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Tom Tompkins <BR>Houston

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 04:52 PM
Robert

Tom; Contact the San Salvador, Bahamas dive op at the Riding Rock in. "San Sal" as the Bahamians call the island, is where Columbus first landed, thinking it was the east indies. Great diving there. My wife and I were there about two summers ago. The staff are knowledgeable about marine life and the wall diving was great. I don't enjoy diving deep, so I swam along the ridges at 45-65 feet of water. Contact them for info. Robert <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 10:12 AM
Louis

Go to Fiji or Micronesia it is far better than Cozumel. Any good dive tavel outfit will show you the way. Palau will most likely be about tops in the the world.

Old Nov 23rd, 1998, 08:36 AM
Barry Benjamin

Tom: I have been to both places mentioned and even if the diving is equal to the Bahamas in Fiji ( which I think it is ) it is a very long way to go and you better go for longer than 5-6 days. Riding Rock at San Sal is a very good operation and I would reccomend it to anyone. I also think that there is some fantastic diving in other parts of the Bahamas. Andros, Long Island and Exuma have some world class diving too. <BR>I hope you enjoy yourself where ever you go. <BR>Barry

Old Nov 24th, 1998, 04:51 AM
Betty

Try Bonaire. Diving is excellent, and the weather is great all winter; it's so far south. There is not much to do on the island except dive or wind surf, but it is a friendly place and has several nice resorts. We stayed at the condos where the restaurant, Green Parrot is located and enjoyed it very much. <BR>