marriott surf club in aruba

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to be at the marriott's surf club in aruba in march and wondering if i should rent a car or take a taxi or bus from the airport? are restaurants, food stores, shopping in walking distance? any ideas on excursions? thanks!
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Great place-yes I would say you need a car-and you cannot get lost olnly one main road on entire island. try to rent from tropiccarrent and ask for Hans Dhooge-nice guy and great prices-cars are not new but never broke down for me yet-there is a large supermarket called Ling and SOns almost like a costco-they take credit cards-need more information just ask
[email protected]
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM

They have a very good and cheap bus service there so I think you can rely on that as opposed to renting a car. Plus you can walk to some restaurants etc. We always rent cars in the caribbean..except in Aruba. I recommend the ABC Extreme Jeep or ATV tour and the Jolly Pirates or MiDushi snorkel cruise. And the Kukoo Kunuku Party bus.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM

When we stayed at The Marriott Surf Club many years ago, there was a shopping level on the ground floor that had coffee, some t-shirt stores, cafe, etc.

There is a bus, I think, very close to the hotel that will take you into Oranjested.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM

We stay @ Marriott Ocean Club which is just north of Surf Club. We never rent a car. Cab ride from/to the airport is only about 15 minutes & not expensive. There are lots of restaurants w/in walking distance or a short cab ride from Surf Club.

What some people do is take a cab from the airport & then decide if they need a rental car. You may find you only want one for a day or 2 or not at all.

Have fun! Aruba is great!

Ocean