COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Marriott or Ritz?????? in St Thomas for Honeymoon

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 09:50 PM
mawizu

PLease I am desperate looking for the perfect hotel . Me and my fiance are the kind of people that like no crowded hotels and great facilities and service.

Need advice!!!!

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 09:59 PM
anonymouse

St. Thomas for a honeymoon?????? You can do much better!

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 04:05 AM
bob

just got back yesterday from ritz in st. thomas, it is a beautiful location and st. thomas and st. john have a lot to offer. st. john probably has some of the greatest beaches in the world. but i enjoyed staying in st. thomas and traveling around the islands. it was very quiet at the ritz and i think you would like it very much.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 05:05 AM
Joel

Can you narrow down what constitutes a perfect hotel in your opinion? This is a commonly asked question and often people start out with some type of deluxe, well-known brand of hotel in mind. It's a sort of reflex action. It would help if you thought about what constitutes the perfect Caribbean vacation, first. What appeals? A small, very simple resort that handles at most 30 people? A place with many activities to choose from? A deluxe spot with marble tiles in the bathroom? A bungalow on a quiet hill with a great view, your own small villa?
Try to think about 5 or 6 attributes of perfection and then those of us who've spent lots of time in the Caribbean will feel like we have a chance of helping you out. Right now it's too broad.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Karen

Which Marriott? Along with the Ritz, the other three Marriott properties are Frenchman's Reef, MorningStar and Grande Beach. Each one is very distinctive in its location and amenities.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 08:57 AM
traveler

to: Karen
Thanks for clarifying that there are 3 Marriotts. Can you summarize the pros & cons of each. Thinking of going in April. Thanks