Marigot Beach Club -- St. Lucia?

Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Peter

Marigot Beach Club -- St. Lucia?

Has anyone stayed at the Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort in St. Lucia? Any tips or advice to share? Any response is welcome!

-- Peter

Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
Mary

Could this be the same as Oasis Marigot? I know there were two different companies but basically one resort. If so, I can help. Even if it's in Marigot Bay, I could give you some tips on the area

Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:37 PM
Peter

This one is officially called the Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort on Marigot Bay just south of Castries on St. Lucia. It's a smaller place, not like the mega resorts to the south. I believe it's where they filmed part of Dr. Doolittle, in fact. (Their website is www.marigotbeachclub.com) Strike a bell with anyone?

Any help is greatly appreciated! ;-)

Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:32 AM
Mary

I looked at the website and this is where we stayed. One half is Marigot Beach Club and the other half is Oasis Marigot. Some advice: Don't eat at Doolittles, very pricey and food wasn't very good. The Chateau across bay was pretty good (by St. Lucia standards). We only went to JJ's once but wish we would have spent more time there. They do have live music some nights. Don't know about food but Ambiance looked the best out of all the places in Marigot, including a pool right by the bar. I guess many locals hang out here.

You have to take the water shuttle to and from because there are no roads on the side of the hotel. You can get a week pass or daily pass. Price I think was reasonable but we never got asked so we didn't buy one. There is a grocery store right near the dock and another one up the hill (somewhat steep)and down the road. This one supposedly has better prices. Both have odd hours, but because food will be limited and I assume you'll have kitchenette, it will probably be worth it to buy some groceries, or bring some of you own. There is nice beach bar across the bay. Right around dusk you'll find hundreds of land crabs come to the surface and you can watch them from this bar. Any other Q's, just let me know.

We found the snorkeling here (just to the left of Doolittles (when you're facing the water) and towards the sea to be the best on the island that we had experienced, even better than Anse Chastenet which is where everyone says to go. If you plan to do this and have your own gear, bring it. Renting it was $20 and still had the taste of saltwater. Doubt they were cleaned.

Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:32 AM
Mary

I meant to say the snorkeling was to the RIGHT of Doolittles when facing the water and down a little ways.

Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:40 AM
Peter

Thanks, Mary! Great advice... ;-)

-- Peter

Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Mary

Another thing. I don't know if you noticed but the villas (what I think they most resemble) go high up on a hill. There is a motorized cable-and-wheel "trolley" that takes you and your luggage (or just you) up and down the hill. This was a lifesaver on those hot days, and we just happened to be situated way at the top. Be prepared for some beautiful sunsets.

Aug 8th, 2006, 10:50 AM

ttt - wondering if anyone had a more recent experience with this place?

Also, are groceries horribly expensive at the local store?

Did you find a rental car worthwhile to see more of the island?

Any other thoughts? THANKS!

Heather
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:07 AM

I was wondering if the Discoery project is finished being built. I will be staying at the Oasis Marigot in one of the timeshare villas and I am having a hard time finding anything about them. What should I expect? Is it a lot of walking to get to the things? What is the beach like? Any info I would appreciate.