Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/majestic-elegance-pc-if-you-cant-get-the-adults-only-butler-section-1200259/)

BuffaloGirl Feb 7th, 2017 04:49 PM

Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section

It's a bit dramatic, I know.

Seriously, I haven't been to an all-inclusive in 30 years. Manznillo, Mexico. Ugh. It wasn't a good experience then, but I think things have come a long way. My husband started a new job in December and there went our Caribbean vacay. My sister-in-law said she'd love to go somewhere warm, so she's my new travel partner. Obviously, we aren't in need of romantic. Just sun and relaxation.

I was in the process of booking the adults only butler section of the Majestic Colonial, but I was interrupted by another SIL stopping by while online with CheapCaribbean.com. By the time I got back to my reservations, the prices changed, I couldn't get the flights I wanted, etc. It's already more than I wanted to spend (but what could I expect booking 3 weeks ahead of a March vacation). Elegance offered the flights I wanted and a better price. I thought...(my first mistake) that the Elegance was all adults only, so booked the only room they offered. The regular suite.

Turns out they have the Elegance club adults only, but those rooms are all booked, so we are, indeed, booked in the regular rooms.

I'm perfectly OK making my own dinner reservations, and I can get up and get my own drink, so doesn't seem like the end of the world. Started reading reviews and it seems like the butler service/adult section is the only way to go. But I can't, so I won't.

Just wondering if you've stayed in the regular section and if you felt you missed out on anything. Believe me, I'm happy as hell that I'm getting out of Buffalo in winter for a few days and sitting on a beautiful beach!!!

mnag Feb 8th, 2017 08:25 AM

this is certainly dated several years but I believe they have a adults only pool as well as adults only beach section

BuffaloGirl Feb 8th, 2017 02:37 PM

Thank you, mnag. I found out they do, but no openings.

Someone told me today that there aren't all that many kids at Elegance in the regular section and it's so beautiful there that we will "get over" not being in the adults only section.

mnag Feb 9th, 2017 05:49 AM

I agree. The resort itself is lovely and the beach is wonderful as well.

BuffaloGirl Feb 9th, 2017 05:31 PM

Thanks, mnag.

WoinParis Feb 10th, 2017 12:18 PM

Kids don't bite last I checked.

BuffaloGirl Feb 10th, 2017 05:43 PM

Kids don't really bother me, WoinParis. I like kids. But I like the option of being around adults only, too, if I choose.

To be honest, it was all the reviews I read that suggested you are better off in the adults only section that had me second guessing my choice.

All good!!!

WoinParis Feb 11th, 2017 01:10 AM

Thanks buffalo.
I have this fantasmic vision of adults only as either a club for meeting or sex orgies or worse old grumpies who want to be left alone and far away from these snotty kids...
Having always traveled with kids or being a kid myself I have never been to adults only so no idea what the goal is.
Have a nice holiday.

WoinParis Feb 11th, 2017 01:12 AM

Ps. Dominican Republic is the only place I have been and got bored after a few days. But I am not a beach boy ;-)