Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Mahoe Bay villas or Gauvanberry private villas ???????

Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Where is it nicer to stay or should we just stay at LIL DIX
Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Sunnyboy

If I'm not mistaken you have already received answers to your previous posts on this (and other forums) regarding the villas at Mahoe Bay and Guavaberry about two weeks ago and there have been numerous posts on this site regarding Little Dix Bay in that same time period. Use the search feature above to find posts relating to Little Dix Bay if, for some reason, you missed them. Only you know if staying at a resort or in a villa will provide the vacation experience that will satisfy what YOU want.

Feb 4th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Original Poster

Sunnyboy ,

We took your advice about Mahoe Bay villas . The only two villas they have available are Villa del sol or Vameric .
It is hard to tell how nice they are from the pictures . My husband likes the best of everything so I was just trying to be sure . He also likes nice resorts with beautiful settins . I just did not want to make a mistake .
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Sunnyboy

I stayed at LDB 3 times and have rented both Beach Dreams and Beachcomber on Mahoe Bay so I can't help you with the two villas you are considering. But I can tell you all of the villas on Mahoe Bay that I saw looked terrific from the outside. I don't think you will be disappointed at either Mahoe Bay or Little Dix. You only decision is whether or not you want to stay at a resort or a private villa. The differences, of course, are obvious.

Feb 4th, 2004, 08:32 PM

Lighten up Sunnyboy!!
Feb 5th, 2004, 03:07 AM

tiger, that was my reaction until I clicked on DianaD and saw how many times she asked and reasked the same question. After that I thought of Sunnyboy as polite and restrained.
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:28 AM

Haha! I'm with you Joan!
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Hey , The only reason I asked it more than once was so that it would be current on the list so I could get a few more opinions .
I only had received a few responses . Unlike you I have never been to Virgin Gorda . My favorite island so far was Nevis . There we stayed in a villa on the side of the rain forest that was amazing . We also stayed at Montpieler Plantation .
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:41 PM

DianaD,
I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. We stayed at Sundowner in Nail Bay this past March. Check out their website and look at Sundowner - Perfect for a couple looking for privacy and incredible views. This is where we spent our second honeymoon and it was absolutely perfect! The deck is fantastic and the villa very nicely done. Nail Bay is an adventure to get to but well worth it. In the middle of the island, it is easy to get to the North Sound or the Baths. Let me know if you have any more questions, and I'd be happy to answer you. Mountain Trunk Bay within the Nail Bay location is great and private. Nice snorkeling from shore, and has shade umbrellas too! Have a great time!
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your help . We did book Villa del sol on the Mahoe Bay . It is 4 bedrooms and there are only two of us but hopefully it is worth it .
Maybe we will go again and at that point we will know the island and how to get around .