Nevis - house rentals and flights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are interested in renting a two bedroom house in July for my 60th birthday. Four adults. Like "Estate of Mind" but still looking. Want the good view of St. Kitts, ability to grill and dine outside and a pool would be nice. We like beach, food and golf and Nevis seems to have it all. We have never been there. Any knowledge of this place or other recs would be helpful.

We plan to use our Delta miles but it looks like Delta is no longer flying to St. Kitts.???
I don't want to use our miles only to have to buy expensive tickets on puddle jumpers. As we have enough miles for first class, our trip is dependent on Delta routes. If this does not work, we will have to re-think our trip. That issue I'll save for another post.
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but Delta does fly to St. Kitts from Atlanta weekly (Saturday). I'm guessing the service could be seasonal, so if you are looking for the fall in the midst of hurricane season, that might explain why you aren't seeing the flight, but without more info from you, I can't help much more. Or it's possible there is just not a connection from where you live. I'd recommend trying again to see if the flight is available on a Saturday.
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM

You can find a list of almost every rental villa on Nevis at www.nevis1.com (use the "villa rentals" link on the left side of the page). The villa descriptions and photos are VERY ACCURATE. Also check the Sugar Mill Realty website (www.nevishouses.com). Between those two sites you'll find infer on 98% of the renal villas on Nevis.

Yes, Doug is right, Delta flies into St. Kitts (from Atlanta) only on Saturdays. You have to take the ferry or water taxi from St. Kitts to Nevis.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you. I will check out the two websites mentioned. Our dates are July 19-26. Delta appears to fly there from ATL now and then seems to stop. I did a on-line "chat" with a Delta rep and he found nothing. I'll give them a call and see if I get lucky enough to talk with a real person.

I have read some of RoamsAround posts and they are incredibly helpful. My heart is set on Nevis, so I hope it works out.

Do you have any first hand knowledge of "Estate of Mind". Looks like it's up 700ft. right above the Four Seasons. I am slightly concerned of the roads as driving was a bit of a issue when we stayed in St. John's at the same height.

Thanks again for both of your kind replies.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM

The road leading past Estate of Mind isn't very steep, if that's your concern.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM

Let me also add this: 700 ft altitude isn't considered high on Nevis. To put things in perspective the highest point on St. John is 1,277 ft. Nevis Peak is 2.5 times that high, at 3,232 ft. above sea level.