Reload this Page >

Looking for moderately priced but nice resort in Jamaica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Cheri

I am going with a group of 10 to Jamaica in September and we are looking for a nice but affordable resort. We like the all-inclusive idea, or possible a villa. Any suggestions are greatly approcaited. Anyone know anything about Jack Tar Village? We've actually called them a few times but the customer service people are really rude and unhelpful which scares me about how the stay might be.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 06:49 AM
Special K

Check out the Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios. Have read some bad reports re: Jack Tar Village - do more research on line. Wherever you stay have a great time!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 08:20 AM
Paul

Def check out Breezes in Runaway Bay. <BR>It's a nice AI on a great beach in a nice central area. Good food, nice people too! <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 09:26 AM
jamaicjim

Try Merril's resort in Negril. Small hotel but claen and comfortable. USed to be called the T-Water

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 12:42 PM
andrea

You can also try Charela Inn located in Negril. Depending on what part of the island you wish to stay, Fisherman's Point in Ocho Rios is also a good option…there you get an apartment which is way cool. The only drawback is that it is close to the docks where cruise ships come in…which did not pose a problem for us. I've stayed there 4-times. It also depends on what you mean by reasonable. The above places are quite reasonable. <BR> <BR>I would avoid Jack Tar.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 02:57 PM
rich

If its reasonable but nice AI you want, you can't go wrong with Breezes at Runaway Bay. Heading back there ourselves in April. You can access them via the superclubs.com site. I'd give it a strong B for a total grade. The staff are lots of fun. The beach is awesome, with some of the best snorkeling right in front of you. There's a golf course across the road. The grounds are very nice. And you usually don't have to pay an arm and a leg to stay there. The most helpful folks I've discovered online for Breezes are the folks at all-inclusive-discount.com They are out of Atlanta, and have very helpful people. <BR>And no, I don't work for them. I live in Washington state.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 05:50 AM
Kim

I've been to Runaway Bay, but I found the employees very rude. Swore I would never go to Jamaica again (been there twice) but am being daring w/some friends to check out the new Royal Plantation...supposed to be very exclusive and probably will be too expensive for the common folk next year...do an all-inclusive...they are great...from what I understand, you can't go wrong w/Sandals...have fun...good luck!