I'll be staying on the island of Aruba for an university research project for several months later this year. During this time I'm looking for a cheap location to stay, ideally just a spare room or apartment. It doesn't have to be near any tourists hotspots and I'm okay with performing small household tasks to accommodate my stay. Optionally I'm more than willing to live in with a family. I'll be going a student budget so I'm not looking for luxury, but at the same time I would like to live with some degree of comfort, since I'll be extremely busy during the months of my stay. The exact dates of my stay are still unknown, but it's safe to say that it will be around late August till late October. Any suggestions are welcome!
I would also love to know whether renting a car will be crucial to my stay, since my research will most likely take me all over the island (I'll be interviewing students at schools). I've got a car license that is restricted to automatic transmission cars only, will this be a problem with renting cars? Can I get around by bike or public transportation? Being Dutch I'm somewhat of a vivid biker, so physically I'm quite up to the task, but will it be safe and practical?
I thank you in advance for your answers,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL Mail 1800:570:1233 installation CONTACT AOL Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 3 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 6 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 7 NYE in Punta Cana
- 8 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 9 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 10 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 11 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 12 Abaco day trips
- 13 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 14 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 15 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 16 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 17 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 18 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 19 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 20 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 21 sailing the Abacos
- 22 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 23 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 24 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 25 1st time to Barbados
Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013