Looking for Awesome Resort with Great Beach

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:36 AM
BJ

Looking for Awesome Resort with Great Beach

Hi,

I am looking for a great resort with an awesome beach...I would rather not have to look out onto a harbour with a lot of boats tied up...Also, if there is such a place that also offers special rooms with private pools or something along the lines of some of the rooms at the Hyatt in St. Lucia where you can swim up to your room.THANKS

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 11:08 AM
LML

Check out the Windjammer Landing Villas on St. Lucia. They have some rooms/villas with private plunge pools. Also, go to wiol.com for great rates and packages.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:56 PM
Heidi

Check out St. Barts. You can rent a condo there with your own private pool.
St. Barts is one of the prettiest Caribbean islands. It doesn't have the poverty and crime most of the other islands have. You have to fly into St. Maarten then take a 10 min. small plane ride to St. Barts, don't recommend the ferry. The water there is very rough.

www.wimco.com

They rent condos, homes and you can get an idea about hotels. I wouldn't book a hotel through them though. One that seemed very nice was Eden Rock.

The most awesome beach I have ever seen was on Harbour Island in Eleuthra (Bahamas). Absolutely amazing! However there isn't much there, couple hotels, few restaurants, some homes, that's it. No cars allowed, people drive around in golfcarts. Take a look, click on tour the property:

http://www.islandoutpost.com/PinkSands/

However, the prices are huge!

Good luck

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 11:18 PM
tweedy

BJ, if you are looking for an amazing beach, try Harbour Island, which is off the Northern most coast of Eleutehra and about a 15 plane ride from Nassau or a 2 hour ferry ride.

The beach is 3 miles of Pink Sand and even during high season there are not many people on the beach.

There are several nice resorts, alot of restaurants and a few nite spots. Also some of the resorts now have live music in the evenings.

Try the www.briland.com website for more info and pictures.

Have a great vacation.

tweedy

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 08:04 AM
Karen

Awesome resort? Great beach? Units with private pools? On a wonderful island? Definately Cap Juluca. www.capjuluca.com

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 11:18 AM
Kim

Try Sandals St.Lucia they have swim up pools on the Bluffs, Great sunsets and great food! We just returned from there.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:37 PM
Kathy

Have not personally been there. . . yet, but LaLuna in Grenada looks awsome with private pools and reasonable cost. Laluna.com