Reload this Page >

Looking for an Island that compares with Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Alexis

Hoping to get some serious responses on other islands that offer some of the same features as Grand Cayman. We have now been to GC twice, and would like to try something different. The most important things to us are great beaches, great snorkeling, good restaurants, SAFE, affordable (around $200 a night)....does this place exist? Topless beaches wouldn't hurt.....

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:36 AM
linda

I would suggest St John or Virgin Gorda. If you like the more developed, maybe Aruba.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Susan

Alexis-<BR>Yes there is a place out there...it is Aruba!<BR><BR>I have not been to Grand Cayman, but I hear it is very similar.<BR><BR>There are affordable places in Aruba to stay and to eat, but you have to shop around. The best way to travel to Aruba is on a charter package.<BR><BR>There is tons to do in Aruba, and I hear it is more upbeat than Grand Cayman (thought you can choose to have a lower keyed relaxing vacation too).<BR><BR>You can rent a jeep and explore the island. Good luck finding the natural pool, we tried, but never made it.<BR><BR>Also they have sunset cruises, dinner cruises (which are so much fun), party cruises, snorkeling, fishing, kayak, tubing, parasailing, 4 wheelers, horseback riding, shopping, horse & buggy carriage ride (depending on the time of year you visit).<BR><BR>Another wonderful plus about Aruba is that it is out of the hurricane season and there is never a poor time to visit. There is always a wonderful tradewind that cools it down.<BR><BR>I hope you decide to visit the island of Aruba, I assure you that you will not be disapointed.<BR><BR>They have alot of beautiful resorts.<BR><BR>Let me know if you need anymore info. My husband and I have been there 3 times in the last two years and are planning another trip in the fall.<BR><BR>Susan

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:45 AM
vince

the nicest thing about the Islands is that they are all different. do some research and try a few others. Vince

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Anon

I don't think there is another island LIKE CG. They are all different.<BR><BR>If you want like CG, I suggest somewhere in FL. But then St. Thomas might be close with all the traffic and fast food joints.