Looking for AI or Similar Recommendations for 10 year anniversary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are looking for an All-Inclusive or something close to that for our 10 year anniversary (late December-Early January). We'd like something romantic with a very nice beach, excellent food and some nice activities, like scuba diving, etc. We do not drink at all so I know the AI's aren't ideal since a lot of the cost goes into the drinks but we also just want to be able to sit back and relax and not worry about where to eat or what to do or where is safe, etc. If anyone could give us some recommendations that would be great. A co-worker recommended St. Lucia so I was looking at Sandals there but it seems like reviews are all over the place. I thought I would get real recommendations from people who have been to different places and know what it is like. I'm not sold on the Carribbean either, but it made me pick a category.

Thanks,
Amanda
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 10:04 AM

hi amanda, where will you fly from? how long will the trip be? (some resorts require 2 week bookings for christmas/new years) what is you nightly budget?

off hand great food, gorgeous beach, diving sounds like provo in turks & caicos to me. only 2 ai's but ai & good food do not normslly go together, so i'd rethink that anyway. to do's are mainly boat excursions to snorkel, shell or visit other islands in t&c chain.

barbados might please you. more tropical look. good beaches, good food, some diving & lots of to do's. also much larger than provo so lots of territory to sightsee.

st. lucia is a bit complicated for 1st time in the islands. also large & challenging to get around.

if you're interested in sandals the one on antigua might be a better choice. lots of dining options, offers diving. nice island to explore.

you'll be safe on any of above. just use normal precautions - ya know don't leave your camera on the seat of your rental car with the top down.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Ocean swimming would be nice too...a lot of the pictures I see are pretty but you see a pier or boats nearby so swimming doesn't seem like it will be an option. Any thoughts on that would also be useful.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Oh and I meant snorkeling...not scuba diving...oops
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM

fyi. i would not even consider suggesting anywhere you can not swim in the ocean. what would even be the point of going to the islands if not to enjoy the ocean??