Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Looking for a real Caribbean experience, provided there's a hair drying in my room, the TV gets CNN Headline News and I have a portal for my computer

Search

Looking for a real Caribbean experience, provided there's a hair drying in my room, the TV gets CNN Headline News and I have a portal for my computer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Doogie

I take pride in my ability to get down with the natives and would like to know whatg resort I can go to to do some limbo and listen to regae.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:50 AM
NextTime

The next time you attempt a condescending post aimed at belittling other travelers, why don't you try paying a little bit of attention to your spelling and typing. It's a little hard to take you seriously otherwise.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Susan

If you really need to watch CNN and have a computer hook-up, why don't you just save your money and stay home?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Doogie's Clueless

You know what, doogie?<BR>In my line of work I cannot be out of touch with US news, particularly as it relates to business and the equities markets.<BR>So I will not visit places without cable access and computer compatibility.<BR>But you know what? Places that have these things are usually the best places anyway.<BR>And since my work allows me to spend virtually any amount of money I want to on vacation, I think it's a pretty nice tradeoff.<BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:48 AM
kt

Try Puerto Rico- San Juan is a blast, all the hotels have CNN (and probably MSNBC, FOX News and the big networks). Party with the "natives" in Old San Juan until the sun comes up. I like the El San Juan resort. Enjoy! (I, too, have to take my laptop on "vacation" with me. I feel your pain).