Lodging in Tortola

Oct 8th, 2001, 03:03 AM
Pam

Lodging in Tortola

Hi everyone -

I need some help. We're staying two nights in Tortola after disembarking from a Windjammer cruise. Where to stay? We're looking for a casual place (no dressing up for dinner), nice beach, a/c, and a bar & restaurant on site - pool would be nice but not a priority. Icis in Brewers Bay has been recommended and I was definately leaning that way but I recently read an unflattering review about it.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. We'll be arriving on Dec. 1.

Oct 8th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Joel

There are a number of places. Top of the list is Frenchman's Cay. It has all you require except the a/c since it has a steady breeze 24/7. Do a search here on Frenchman's and you'll find it's the most popular small, intimate resort on Tortola. Extraordinary views, your own small villa well above the trees, and terrific privacy. The dining is excellent.
Next is Fort Recovery. Your room will be right on the beach. Excellent dining in your room. Very nice views. Next, is Sugar Mill. They have a/c and the island's best dining. Those, I would say, are the 3 top small resorts. All of them go better with a car rental as Tortola has many secluded bays and mountain roads for exploring. If you want something less costly than those I've mentioned which are mid-range, then try the Ole Works Inn on Cane Garden Bay. Any of these are very reputable, most have been covered in major magazines such as Travel & Liesure, etc. We've been to them and most others and can vouch for them personally.

Oct 27th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Kathy

We stayed at Sebastion's on Apple Bay. Can't get much closer to the water than this, or more relaxed. It's right next to Bomba's for nightlife. You can go really on the cheap and stay in one of their rooms across the road from the restaurant (I don't recommend) or get an ocean-front. Request second floor-more private. Good restaurants near-by, if you don't want the hotel's cuisine.

Search this Thread