Leaving Sunday for Provo, T&C! Have a question.

Jul 15th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Denise

Leaving Sunday for Provo, T&C! Have a question.

Hi everyone,
Well, our vacation is finally here! I am so excited to be going to Provo. Haven't had a vacation in seven years, so needless to say, this was long overdue!
Anyone out there know what the weather is like in Provo currently? Any good sites for accurate weather forcasts?
We are staying at the Allegro. I plan on two excursions, minimum. Definately the beach cruise for snorkling and looking for shells. Probably going with J&B. Any thoughts on this?
We would also like to try parasailing. Any ideas on what company, cost, etc?
Even though we are going to an all inclusive, we will try a restaurant or two. Which do you prefer? Which to avoid?
Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcomed and very much appreciated!
Please keep your fingers crossed for good luck. As long as the weather holds up and the water is as beautiful as it looks, I could sleep in a tent and be happy! I am so looking forward to this!!!
Thanks, guys.
Denise

Jul 15th, 2002, 07:44 PM
mike

The water is as beautiful as it looks. It's not a highly developed island and is quite arid but the Grace Bay Beach is several miles long and is one of the best in the world. The restaurants come and go. I believe Dora's is still around and was more local in nature. Anacones (I think that is the correct name) is an upscale Italian restaurant which has always ranked quite high. You can snorkel off the White House (IT will be on the maps) right from the shore. J&B was there in 95 when we went so they must be doing something right.

Jul 16th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Howard

For weather info go to www.wheretostay.com and click on weather.
Did the J&B tour a couple of years ago and it was very nice. As I recall parasailing is about $60/single--$100/tandem. After you go thru Immigration at the airport in the baggage area there is a table on the left with lots of brochures. Check it out
Restaurants--Lots of good ones. Coyaba at Coral Gardens is in our opinion the best on the island. Anacona at Grace Bay Club is very romantic. They have a combo that plays on Wed, Fri and Sat night. It is not Italian--more continental. Also like Magnolia in Turtle Cove. Great place to watch sunset and good views. Coco Bistro for romantic dining under the palms. Baarefoot Cafe across from Allegro has a great combo on Fri night. Go for a couple of drinks. Food is expensive on Provo. Dinner will run $100-$150 depending on what you drink.
Best off beach snorkeling is at the reef off Coral Gardens on Forbes Road. Short walk from Beaches, longer from Allegro. You'll love Provo Great beach and water. We have been there 12 times

Jul 16th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Kelly

Denise,

My husband and I returned from Provo on June 29th from our honeymoon. We stayed at the Sands and the restaurant there is excellent. It is called Hemmingways. It is about about a 20-30 minute walk from the Allegro (a beach walk). I would recommend going there at least once.

We had a fabulous time and hope you do too. If you have anymore questions, let me know.

Jul 18th, 2002, 06:44 AM
chris

i was also thinking of the turks and caicos for a honeymoon. my fiance and i are very active though, i have heard there is not much to do there, especially at night. did you find it too laid back?

Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Lori

Denise,

We just got back from Provo Sunday. Had a great time. Did a tour with J & B, done very well. The weather is good in Provo. It looks like it is going to rain but never really does (if it does a quick sprinkle). It can get pretty hot if you are away from the beach and breeze. The snorkling in front of Coral Gardens was better than the reef from the boat. We stayed at the Sands and liked Hemmingways (only because it is on the beach). Magnolia's is the best place on the island (we were there 10 days and tried a lot of them). Don't be frightened by the lack of people in the restaurants (some nights it was just us). The Bay Bistro at the Sibonne was our 2nd favorite. We didn't go to Anaconda (supposedly very high priced, no kids) but hear it was yummy.

Have a great time and don't wait so long to take your next vacation

Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:17 AM
xxx

go to weatherunderground.com for up to date and accurate weather.