Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Leaving for St. Lucia in 20 days.... (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/leaving-for-st-lucia-in-20-days-195022/)

Sweetpea Apr 9th, 2002 12:14 PM

Leaving for St. Lucia in 20 days....

We are heading to St. Lucia in 20 days for our honeymoon, 4 nights at Sandals Halcyon and 3 nights Ladera. Anyone info on sights to see, places to eat, and any other not to miss things would be appreciated.

Penney Apr 9th, 2002 12:34 PM

Enjoy Sandals! We loved it there. Beautifiul resort. <BR><BR>Get over to see the Pitons - wonderful!

mary Apr 9th, 2002 12:46 PM

You'll definitely see the pitons if staying at Ladera. No need to worry about that.<BR><BR>While staying at Sandals, do either the day or the sunset cruise on the Brig Unicorn (replica of the ship used in the mini-series Roots). We did the sunset and it was definitely a highlight of our trip. Have heard good things about the day sail too. <BR><BR>If you want to get out and explore go to Pigeon Island (not really an island anymore-is now accessible by car). But wear your walking shoes. There's plenty of to see and hike if you want to. Don't need a guide but I think they're available at certain time--not sure. There are two restaurants there. The Captain's Cellar is cool and is near the main entrance. The other is the Snouti Agouti, a cafe, near the shoreline. PI is also near Sandals.

Kim Apr 9th, 2002 06:11 PM

Wonderful resort we stayed at the Golf resort and loved it and am planning another trip there next Feb.

Kay Apr 10th, 2002 05:28 AM

Hi:<BR><BR>My husband and were in St. Lucia on our honeymoon last year. WE stayed 5 nights at Ladera and 3 nights at the Hyatt in the norht part of the island. As of July the Hyatt will be a Sandals. You can read my trip report and see all the pictures at www.seashelltravel.com<BR><BR>anyway while we were in the north part of the isalnd we went on a sunset cruise on the Brig Unicorn whaihs was lots of fun. WE also went to Pigon Is. and walked up to the fort. We went back that night and had diinner in the "captions quarters" which is a really cool restaurant in the ruins of the officers mess. <BR><BR>As for Ladera, you will think you have died and gone to heaven. Staying there was the most romantic experience of my life :-) Whhile at Ladera do eat at Dasheene (OWNDERFUL) and to to The Bang for thier dinner shohw on Wed. nights. They are right next to the HIlton. Take a water taxi out so you can see the Pitons from the water. <BR><BR>Let me know if yu ahve any more questions.

hollie Apr 10th, 2002 05:30 PM

we honeymooned in st lucia in 2000. stayed at sandals st lucia golf and spa resort. you must do the trail trekkers excursion and the day sail going to the pitons. also spend time at sandals st lucia golf resort. this is where we stayed and it was wonderful. you will love st lucia!

recent honeymooner Apr 13th, 2002 12:37 AM

You really picked a romantic hotel with the Ladera - saw a response on the hotel's restaurant Dasheene and I agree it's fantasic with a view that is second to none - I'd call before I left to make reservations to get one of the best tables - if you don't mind eating early you can watch the sunset between the pitons. I hope you have a wonderful time - I wish we were on our way there rather than on our way back!!!!

jen Apr 13th, 2002 01:36 PM

A friend of mine got married at The Hyatt in St. Lucia and I was looking to go there in the fall but you say it's going to be a Sandals now? If it is, does anyone know if it is close to the other 2 Sandals Resorts for exchange priveleges?