Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Leaving for St Kitts/Nevis tomorrow: any good shops for jewelry?
Notices

Leaving for St Kitts/Nevis tomorrow: any good shops for jewelry?

Feb 25th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Leaving for St Kitts/Nevis tomorrow: any good shops for jewelry?

Hi - as previously posted, I'm not a big shopper and don't intend to do much of that on this trip, but have been itching to buy a new watch lately, and know that duty-free in the carribbean tends to be a good deal (vs. duty-free in the EU at this point with the weak dollar!)

So, any last-minute recommendations for good duty-free shops for jewelry/watches on St. Kitts or Nevis?

Thanks much!

PS, I am SO excited to be getting out of the miserable weather here in the northeast for a week....they say the 'perfect storm' may form up here Mon/ Tues - - - as if we haven't had enough this month!!!! Anyway, had to share.
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM

I don't think those two islands are known for their shopping. Definitely not Nevis. Maybe try the San Juan airport if you're flying through it?
Jim
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

I thought as much - and that was part of the reason we were attracted to these islands...but thought I'd check!

We are flying from Newark & connecting through Charlotte to St. Kitts. Just to clarify the rules: we can only duty-free shop in Charlotte if we utilize the goods entirely (e.g. rum) while out of the country...otherwise we have to pay a duty, corect?
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:47 AM

The last time we were on Nevis there was a very nice shop downtown (Charlestown) that sold good quality beachwear and typical Caribbean knick-knacks - things made of shell, coconuts, magnets, etc.
The gift shop at Four Seasons is also quite nice but a bit pricey (of course).
There are some interesting shops along the dock by the ferry pier on St Kitts and a small mall also.
We have a Rasta friend named Kolangi who has his little T-shirt shop along the pier, and he has some amazingly-cool Rasta T-shirts.
My husband spilled red wine on his classic Bob Marley T in Key West in Dec., and now we are going to have to go back to SKB to replace it!

Search this Thread