Large family(7)Where to go..

Feb 6th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Large family(7)Where to go..

Please give me any and all of your advise.Planning a last minute holiday, but the problem is there are 7 of us 2 adults 1 teen 4 kids. Most sites I have visited only give prices for 2 and 2. Where can I find a warm holiday to fit all of us. We are from Canada leaving toronto area.Any ideas on location, sites for booking on net and ideas.I am stuck. Thanks ahead
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:07 AM

Non-stop flight to Cayman on Air Canada from Toronto.

Check websites for Cayman Villas and Cayman Vacations and look at renting a villa or large condo.

With 4 kids I would not dream of staying in a hotel, find something self-catering... Cayman has huge range of quality accommodations and first class supermarkets to buy your food and drink.

Cayman is quite expensive, but buying food to eat in will still be way cheaper than eating out or paying for an all-inclusive, plus the major benefit of being able to keep kids occupied while you prepare their food instead of having them sitting fussing in a restaurant.
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:33 PM

Check out Moondance villas in Negril Jamaica - they are beautiful and on a great beach with plenty for everyone to do. You can arrange for a private chef. The website pictures are not misleading and it is in a great location. www.moondancevillas.com
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:50 PM

Wherever you decide, I agree with Tom, rent a condo. That way, you can have some space and privacy.
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM

I'm with cartera's variation on "rent a condo" - go to Jamaica (or someplace else that offers staffed villas but they seem to be not the norm on other islands) and rent a staffed villa...no cooking or cleaning to do then...now that's a vacation

Villas are all over Jamaica - moondance is in Negril but you can do beach, mountains, mountians with view of beach....lots of options and somehting for every budget.
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM

Go on a cruise! No need to worry about entertaining everyone, as there is plenty to do! Lots of last minute deals!
Ronnie