Search

Dolphin Fantaseas

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dolphin Fantaseas

Has anyone been to Dophin Fanaseas in either Antigua or Anguilla? How far is the one in Antigua from Sandals, and what's the best way to get there? Is it worth $125 per person?
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 10:54 AM

I would ask you to please reconsider the dolphin swim. They are incredibly cruel. I did it once and was sorry ever since. No matter how clean or nice it looks, more than half of the dolphins die within 60 to 90 days of capture. <BR>In order to make an informed decision, please visit:<BR><BR>http://dolphinproject.org/ <BR><BR>http://www.hsus.org/ace/11727<BR><BR>(The second site is the Humane Society of the United States' position on SWTD programs.)<BR>
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 03:28 PM

Just a few questions with all due respect Diana: Where do you get the figure that more than half die in captivity within 60-90 days? At just this location? I also hear that more than 100,000 die in the wild from nets and other. Than the life expectancy of a newborn is less than 50%. Diane I am not taking a stand either way but it seems the argument goes both ways? You use the word cruel. In what way? I had a dolphin &quot;encounter&quot;, they seemed happy to me! But how would we know huh? Maybe the fact they we pen them up and make them perform for us is cruel? I'm sure they are fed well but I can see both sides to this. Thank you and forgive me if I am not truly informed.
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 03:56 PM

I agree with Diana. I would not visit the Dolphin Fantaseas and discouraged many from visiting when on Anguilla. The information Diana has given is correct. I have been told the same from the locals on Anguilla. They sneak the poor dead dolphins out in the middle of the night, when no one can see and bury them. Please do not pay money to see these beautiful, intelligent animals. They are in the wild for all to see. It is a terrible thing, the less people that visit, the less money they will make and hopefully will be forced out of business. It is discusting what they do to these beautiful creatures. <BR><BR>SmokeyBoy, I suggest you re read Diana's post as she is giving you the you require to be informed.(in the form of web sites to visit) Just because the dolphin has a &quot;perpetual smile&quot; does not mean he's happy. Would you be?
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 04:20 PM

I did and have a different perception now, its funny how most people would think an animal in captivity has it &quot;better off&quot;.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:07 AM

I have to agree with Diana and SandyFeet. Dolphin encounters that keep these incredible creatures penned up and foreced to perform tricks for food are cruel.<BR><BR>If you really are set to have a dolphin encounter, I would suggest that you take up scuba diving and observe them in the wild.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster