Ladera, St. Lucia and white sand

Apr 12th, 1999, 09:23 AM
Al

Ladera, St. Lucia and white sand

My wife and I are considering staying at Ladera, but as we have never been to the Carribean, also want to experience some of the large white sand beaches that I understand are not one of the features of St. Lucia. Can someone recommend a spot on the island, or nearby, which is easy to get to and has large sandy beaches and clear turquise water?

Apr 15th, 1999, 01:21 PM
lisa

Yes, I was at Ladera for a week last November and loved it. They have three free shuttles a day to a wonderful white sand beach at Jalousie Hilton, which is about a 10-minute ride away. Jalousie imports the white sand from off the island so it is not the volcanic sand found elsewhere on the island. The water is absolutely gorgeous. Ladera provides free beach chairs, towels, and snorkelling equipment so you don't have to worry about any of that. The other beach that Ladera provides free access to (two shuttles daily) is at Anse Chastanet. The snorkeling is much better at Anse Chastanet but the sand is dark volcanic sand (very hot to walk on). We loved both of these beaches and went to both several times during our stay. Neither was very crowded; both had great service from the staffs at the resorts so you could order lunch, drinks, etc. without leaving your beach chair if you wanted to. Also, if you want to go to the beach at a time when the shuttles aren't running, they are a short cab ride away (about $6-8 U.S. each way I think).

Apr 15th, 1999, 01:22 PM
lisa

Yes, I was at Ladera for a week last November and loved it. They have three free shuttles a day to a wonderful white sand beach at Jalousie Hilton, which is about a 10-minute ride away. Jalousie imports the white sand from off the island so it is not the volcanic sand found elsewhere on the island. The water is absolutely gorgeous. Ladera provides free beach chairs, towels, and snorkelling equipment so you don't have to worry about any of that. The other beach that Ladera provides free access to (two shuttles daily) is at Anse Chastanet. The snorkeling is much better at Anse Chastanet but the sand is dark volcanic sand (very hot to walk on). We loved both of these beaches and went to both several times during our stay. Neither was very crowded; both had great service from the staffs at the resorts so you could order lunch, drinks, etc. without leaving your beach chair if you wanted to. Also, if you want to go to the beach at a time when the shuttles aren't running, they are a short cab ride away (about $6-8 U.S. each way I think).

Search this Thread