Kura Hulanda Beach Club Resort??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the Kura Hulanda recently opened its hotel on the beach. Has anyone stayed there or heard anything about it? I'm looking for a luxury hotel in Curacao - preferably on the beach. I know others have enjoyed the Marriott, but I've stayed in other Marriotts and I'm not a big fan. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 08:06 AM

Scrappie, just wanted to top your post. We are thinking of staying there next year. I know Kura Hulanda (the main property is wonderful) and from the site this one looks to be as well. It is all the way at the west end of the island. I was actually thinking of staying in town at Kura for a few days and then a week at their beach property.

Hopefully someone will respond who has been!
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

MIM, we are thinking of going in September. I may split the time between the two Kura properties too - especially if I can't find anything out about the beach hotel in time. I've never been to Curacao, is the West end of the island nice?
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 02:29 AM

We went to Westpunt when we were in Curacao at Christmas time, and saw the signs for a Kura Hulanda beach club. We didn't go all the way there; it was at the end of a long dirt road. Are you sure they have a hotel there, or is it just a beach club? It's really in the middle of nowhere. There's a famous restaurant nearby called Jaanchies, but nothing else.
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 02:35 AM

Just saw that it is indeed a hotel; can't comment on it, since we did not go all the way there. It would be nice if you just wanted peace and quiet. Don't try to drive there from Willemstad in the dark though!
As for luxury hotels, Curacao does not have a large choice of those. The Marriot and Kura Hulanda are probably the best. I've heard Floris Suites are nice too.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM

I believe it is opening next month. We loved the Marriott (great value for the price) but were so impressed with Hotel Kura Hulanda that we would like to stay at the Beach Club if we ever return.