Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Kristen1206 (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/kristen1206-503581/)

KarenM Feb 13th, 2005 03:52 PM

Kristen1206

Hi Kristen,

I recently viewed your photos from Anguilla that you posted on Shutterfly and posted to the forum. I would appreciate if you could tell me how you were able to post that to the forum so everyone could see. It seems most of these photo sharing sites like Shutterfly require you to send an email to Shutterfly and they only allow the person you request to view the photos in Shutterfly. Your Anguilla link still works so that's what I'm trying to do.

I would like to post photos of our trip to Sint Maarten and Anguilla but not sure how I can just post the URL if email permission is the only way to view.

Thanks in advance for your response. BTW, we really enjoyed your Anguilla pictures and is one of the reasons we ventured over to Anguilla, gorgeous pictures. Thanks much!

KarenM

clear Feb 14th, 2005 05:43 AM

HI Kristen, If I remember correctly, I think you are pregnant. How is everyone? When is the due date?

Kristen1206 Feb 14th, 2005 06:25 AM

Hi Karen. Thanks!! What I did was to go to my shutterfly album and did a "share." So I basically sent the photo album to myself and then just copied the url they provide (in the event you can't view the photos) and pasted it in my post.

Kristen1206 Feb 14th, 2005 06:26 AM

Hi Clear! I am due in Mid-May. I feel good and everything seems to be going well. Thanks for asking!

KarenM Feb 14th, 2005 04:57 PM

Kristen, thanks for answering my post, good idea, I'll try that. I don't know what difference it makes who views anyone's photos online but I guess they have their reasons. Ok, this is good, now I can get busy and get these photos up for everyone to see.

While we were in Anguilla we stopped by the Frangipani and asked to see a room. They showed us a room on the ground level that looked a bit dated and worn. Don't think I would want to stay in the rooms at ground level. Think Howard said they were renovating the rooms but this one wasn't done. The grounds facing the beach were very nice but the surf was really ripping the day we were there, no calm water on Meads Bay that day.

BTW, congrats on the little bundle of joy that will be arriving soon. That's wonderful, you must be so excited. Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Kristen1206 Feb 15th, 2005 06:00 AM

Karen ~ our room was a bit tired too but not tht bad. Based on how everyone raved about it, I was a bit disappointed in our room but evryon kept saying how they were going to be renovating soon. Doesn't sound like all the rooms have been done yet though. But we were very pleased with the rest of the hotel...the beach, the restaurant etc...

I think the roughness has to do with the time of year...we went in early June and the water was very calm. i think it tends to be rougher in winter. We experienced this in Grand Cayman.

Thanks you for your kind thoughts! We are having a girl! And hopefully she will be a very well traveled little girl :-)

Kristen1206 Feb 15th, 2005 06:01 AM

By the way...can't wait to see your pics!!!!

If for any reason you can't post them here, would you mind emailing them to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

KarenM Feb 15th, 2005 06:08 PM

Kristen, pictures probably won't be till this weekend, not enough time in the evenings to get into it, 120 pictures...and I have to stumble around the website to learn how to do this. But have no fear, will be soon, I promise.

How nice, my first baby was a girl too and I had more fun dressing her up, more fun than a boy. Anyway, you'll have a great time once she is over the 3 month hump, that's sometimes hard.

KarenM Feb 20th, 2005 10:00 PM

Here's our pictures of St. Martin and Anguilla. Seems so long ago but only 2 weeks ago.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...;sm=1&sl=1