Know of any vacation rentals in Montego Bay?

Jul 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Know of any vacation rentals in Montego Bay?

Hi
I'm looking for a vacation rental in Montego Bay for me and my 5 girlfriends. I've found a few great places on other sites and they seem fantastic. They come with a cook, a butler and a house keeper. However, I'm a little concerned by their reviews which mostly were written by the owners on behalf of the travelers. This site seems to have actual travelers, so I'm hoping someone here can help us.
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM

vrbo.com best but careful many scammers on other sites

pay with CC never wire large sums some are isolated remote

Negril better for action rockhousthotel.com works out

cheaper with more amenities lots of times.

Faros in MoBay was a great house I rented many years ago

great vibe but no beach.
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:28 AM

Luxurylink.com great specials on roundhill.com others
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:04 PM

Is there a reason you specifically want to go to Montego Bay? It's a big city and honestly not all that nice. Negril is fabulous and only 90 mins. away. Sorry I don't know about houses there but there are loads of great hotels.
It's very laid back in Negril, very beautiful.
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM

I would not stay in Montego Bay. It's really not the best part of the island by a long shot. You don't say how old you are, but unless you have mobility issues, you should really think about staying in a small hotel on the beach in Negril. Once you see that beach, you'll know why some people ( like me!) dream about it all year long. There are many fantastic small properties ( Coco La Palm, the more upscale Idle Awhile, Charela Inn) good, reasonably priced food, and some excellent clubs right on the beach or cliffs. It's a much more exciting place than MoBay, and much more beautiful!
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

We were thinking MoBay Since it seems to be a central point and we wanted to do a day trip to Negril and a day trip to Ocho Rio. But now that I'm reading alot of reviews on here i'm thinking that maybe we should stay in Negril. I will look into some of the locations you guys posted there. We are in our 30's and are looking for a good time.
Aug 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM

We stayed at Lemer luxury villas which is located between Negril and Montego bay (in a little and quiet community in Lances Bay).

You can check out their website for reviews, pics and videos: http://lemerluxuryvillas.com
Sep 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM

Please check out www.paradisepalmsjamaica.com they are ranked number three in Montego bay. They are really cheap for $US80 nightly.
Sep 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM

We rented a house in the Rose Hall area of Mo Bay, it was incredible. It was called Endless Summer. We found it online and took a chance. It came with a full staff that did our laundry and cooked great meals.
Similar price to an all-inclusive if you can fill the house and get average flights. ($1500 US)
http://www.jamaicavillas.com/villa-l...endless-summer

Hard to believe, but it wasn't that expensive.
Best vacation EVER.
Sara
Sep 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM

There's a company I've worked with before that has properties all over the island, including some overlooking Montego Bay. It's called www.jamaicaescapes.com and the properties range from little 2-room beach shacks to full-on luxury homes with every amenity. The folks at Jamaica Escapes are great and are all very familiar with each property on their website. (I used them for booking a trip to the Treasure Beach area a few years ago)
Sep 10th, 2011, 05:02 AM

ej- i still miss tiverton posting
Sep 12th, 2011, 09:47 AM

Virginia, I do, too! He was such a font of wisdom and dignity for Jamaica. But he led a good life, that's for sure. Now that I think about it, most of our old Jamaica frequent posters aren't around. liza and CaribbeanSoul--where are they these days?